[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Concept Week

Concept Week

All things Desktop Dungeons

Concept Week

Postby GoatBot on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:01 am

Discussion - Concept Week
GoatBot

Re: Concept Week

Postby Darvin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 pm

You're certainly right, very little to notice from the front-end.

Things for the codex?

Monsters, their stats, their special abilities, and boss forms
Items, their effects, their cost, their conversion points, their classification (regular/potion/quest/elite/special/artifact)
Glyphs, their mana costs and effects, as well as anything special about them (ie, there's always a fireball glyph)
Deities, their likes, their dislikes, desecration effects, and their boons
Dungeons, their general layout, monster difficulty, monster populations, boss rotations, subdungeon possibilities, and any special surprises they may have
Subdungeons, both regular and hidden varieties, where they can be found, and what is found within them
Classes, and all their wonderful class features
Races, and what their conversion effects do
General Game Rules, general rules for combat, spellcasting, regeneration, shops, altars, and gameplay
Darvin

Postby Fran on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Well, you certainly didn't leave much room for suggestions, Darvin :D
But I can still think of another thing:
I'd like to see some way to reread all the lore I found, as well as the generic quotes from the bosses.

Maybe some tips on how to use the classes on their page, which you unlock by solving their challenges. Something like a profile would be a funny framework:
Class:
Abilties:
Motto:
Dislikes: <something funny and or game mechanic/monster>
Worships often: (tips on easy to use dieties)
Best Possession: (tips on items with good synergy)

Class, abilites and motto would be unlocked by unlocking the class, likes/dislikes by doing bronze, and the tips on dieties/items on silver and gold. Maybe call it Sagebook or something.
Fran

Postby Lujo on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:43 pm

Considering the lore suggestion, if were all such planescape fans, why not have a "journal" page with a scribe attached - wouldn't need any awards and would be a bigass achievement hunt in and off itself.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Last edited by Darvin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Needs some political incorrectness somewhere. Turn-ons and turn-offs or favourite race jokes or something. Moar funnies, basically. Golden opportunity to slip some in.
Wargasm

Postby Fran on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Fran

Postby Darvin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Last edited by Darvin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:57 pm

My take on the Monk (building up from Darvin - his original ones were more in there)

Class: Monk
Motto: If it's moves, then hit it. If it doesn't, then hit it till it moves.
More appropriate motto: Explore while you fight! Hit intersting new people! Sqeeze exotic boons out of mysterious deities! Convert what noone had ever converted before!
Likes: Hitting things and being smug about their inability to efficently hit you back. Exploring while hitting people.
Dislikes: Monsters that fight dirty or with magic. Foul language and stuff sticking to his fist.
Favorite Race: It's socially acceptable for a monk to punch people in the face, making this a great way for orcs to join civilized society. Fancy scars all over the body come with the lifetyle, as well.
Religious Preference: I like gods who let me hit things, but I recognize that proper discipline can be important. Tikki Tooki, Dracul, and Taurog each offer very different but rewarding benefits to my sacred techniques.
Professional Skills: Monk initiates are required to complete the ritual arse kicking contest with porcupines, and then move on to actually challenging things. They are also initiated in the mystic art of turning nothing into something.
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby harfatum on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Monk
Likes: Going for nature walks in the middle of fights. It's not ADHD, I swear.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons