[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Concept Week

Concept Week

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Concept Week

Postby Wargasm on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:11 pm

BTW, by combining Flames and Mage Armour, I got a Gorgon down to 0 damage once; you can still death-gaze that way. Not sure if the poison works, didn't risk taking damage to test it. Even funnier than Alpha Mystera Annur. ^_^
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Darvin

Postby JonahHollow on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Humor and jokes is fine in this codex we will have, but I don't think it should be quite done in a manner like that either. With likes and dislikes. It needs to be more like a journal entry about them, maybe about some observer who's been watching every hero and knows their tendencies, and weaknesses and strengths, but with some more subtle humor snuck in.
JonahHollow

Postby Wargasm on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Feel free to submit your expertise if you think you can do better than the current format.
Wargasm

Postby Bloggorus on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:51 am

Last edited by Bloggorus on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bloggorus

Postby q 3 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:03 am

The Titan Guitar disappears after one use, and I don't think it gave me any advance warning that that would happen. I assumed it would work repeatedly, just like its Wicked counterpart. (Stupid me, I clicked on it while still in the subdungeon so it didn't do anything at all.)

I've only seen a couple of the new subdungeons so far, but while they tend to have interesting flavor many of them are underwhelming from a gameplay perspective. Particularly since so many of them don't give any exploration space, meaning that if you don't have any use for their main effect then the subdungeon is literally useless. More consistency in terms of which subdungeons start out fully explored and which don't would be much appreciated, since at the moment it doesn't seem to have much rhyme or reason.

Speaking of subdungeons, one specific thing I'd like to see in the codex is a compilation of all the "lore" signs you've found, preferably in some sort of logical order, because they seem to be telling a story of some sort but reading them one at a time, out of order, with several dungeon runs involving other subdungeons in between, makes the narrative pretty hard to follow.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:45 am

Hmm... They also need to include subdungeon items in the codex and I think they should have a character list too (the halfling, Lernutrix, Saint Solitude, etc.).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby phlip45 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:13 am

I think a better way to do likes and dislikes would be to use the rule of 3. Using the rogue as an example:
Likes: All kinds of potions, attacking fresh new victims, and blinging out his pet molerat.
Dislikes: Enemies that are faster than him, enemies that soak up a lot of damage, and those little umbrellas that the bartender keeps putting in his drinks.

I obviously don't have the best examples but I think that a 2:1 ratio on useful to unuseful information would be pretty good yeah?

You could put some of the lore on the buildings of your kingdom in this codex as well. Not the most useful information but it would be pretty interesting to read. Another cool thing that could be put in is a newspaper section (or something like it) that might have information on upcoming updates (in character) or some sort of random flavor tidbits that would talk about things happening in your kingdom. Again not the most informative of additions, but it would bring the game a bit more flavor.
phlip45

Postby Darvin on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:45 am

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:56 am

Do we bum a list of subdungeons off the devs for discussion purposes and make a thread about it or what?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons