Subdungeoneering

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Subdungeoneering

Postby Lujo on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Nandrew wrote:
Lujo wrote:Darvin mentioned something I'd love to get - indulgences. Very little ways to get them in game, very fun mechanic. Not necessarily a subdungeon thing, but I wouldn't mind an indulgence granting subdungeon, or item, or anything, really...

That's definitely an underexplored reward area, yeah.

Well as far as feedback on indulgences goes, I do have some - there are 2 reliable ways to get them ATM all from one source, desecrating EM with a prepped salve (haven't played a while, so maybe was changed), and desecrating with Agnostics collar (makes for a nice secondary specific use for the collar). I can't tell how powerfull they are since having them breaks balance on gods by default, and I suspect newbies would love to have some easily available for missclick protection and experimentation (if a forgiven transgression was marked somehow), and the pro's would certanly find uses for them. I love them with TT and have made good use of them in old Gaan'Telet runs.

If it was possible in any way, I'd do a pallete swap of one of the potions into white, call it holy water, make it really cheap and available in potion shops. Not sure about how many indulgences or what cost, though. Heck, if it wasn't so late in the beta, I'd throw the TT potions out of the witch building and thus reduce the "fast lvling prep pack" I've been scowling at / abusing for ages, and make the holy water and whoopaz the end preps for the witch.

Any other way to sneak in some chances to get indulgences without having to desecrate altars would be nice, that up there was just a suggestion...
Lujo

Re: Subdungeoneering

Postby Darvin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 pm

there are 2 reliable ways to get them ATM all from one source, desecrating EM with a prepped salve (haven't played a while, so maybe was changed), and desecrating with Agnostics collar (makes for a nice secondary specific use for the collar)

Also desecrating Binlor if you have no resistances.

Beyond that, most deities do have fringe cases (pure casters can ignore TT, Dracul, and Taurog, for instance), but you'll rarely have the opportunity to do it.
Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons