[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Subdungeoneering

Subdungeoneering

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Subdungeoneering

Postby Darvin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Actually, I think Thwran's dungeon is bigger now, now that I think about it. This is one is pretty good now.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:57 am

I feel like the devs posted 7x7 in the bug thread. Wow. That's pretty good.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:32 am

Found a new one. A giant pre-explored dungeon with a djinn named Cha'Dylan at the end. Talking to him floods the room with 999 hp blinking, no-xp, bloodless snakes. Killing the djinn (who is a level 10 monster) doesn't actually do anything, leaving you stranded in the dungeon behind dozens of powerful snakes. By far the worst subdungeon to find, ever.

Devs, please stop doing this to us. No-explore subdungeons are already one of the most aggravating balance issues left outstanding and the problem has been getting steadily worse over time.

EDIT: Although I did find two subdungeons in that run (the contemplate the waters one :/ ), so maybe the EPIC TROLL subdungeons are sort of like extra bonus dungeons.
Sidestepper

Postby Kuranes on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:54 am

I just found a (to my knowledge) new subdungeon. Its 5x5 and contains a sign, 2 gold piles and a Wand of Binding. The wand works somewhat similar to the slayer wand, except it turns the enemy into a magical armour of equal level, but it still gives you the base experience like the slayer wand.
"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby TigerKnee on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Funny, so they made the old bugged version of the Slayer Wand into an item.
TigerKnee

Postby q 3 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm pretty sure the Wand of Binding subdungeon has been in for a while. Part of the problem here is that with so many subdungeons and no reliable way of getting any particular one of them, they're easy to miss and therefore hard to test.

(The sheer number of them also means that niche dungeons - death gaze protection, I'm looking at you - have very poor odds of showing up in the handful of dungeons where you can actually make good use of them.)

(Also, some of the subdungeons are hilariously broken for an Assassin. The Binding Wand is worth double XP, the PISORF troll is a free kill at level 10, the goat altar is free piety, etc.)
q 3

Postby Darvin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:14 pm

I really hate the PISORF troll. Pushing him back costs about as many resources as some bosses, and there's no option to just explore.
Sidestepper

Postby Nandrew on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:03 am

Nandrew

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons