[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Subdungeoneering

Subdungeoneering

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Subdungeoneering

Postby Nandrew on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Oh, hah, also just realised that Pen the Mage Dragon is supposed to be partially concealed now, but the code I wrote was all "reveal" events, so I got it the wrong way around, sorry. ;_; Next week, I promise.
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Well if there is need (and I say that there is) for more walled off subdungeons, Lekon's one - a "free piety" subdungeon - could be one, and a very nice one.

Now, wether it should be goats, or random spawn shared withe the main dungeon (0 XP ofc) is a different matter, but if anything should be added to the walled off ones, piety should.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Yeah, I'd say change it to curse.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:39 pm

I don't know. I think that the walled in dungeons are hard enough to find and access as is. I don't think that they should be double-edged or have buy-in costs. Knocking down 14 billions walls searching for them IS the buy-in cost. If Lekon becomes a walled in dungeon, it should just be free piety, not tons of mana burn/curse and piety.

And yes, I am still seeing the PISORF troll. I thought it was weird that there were two PISORF dispensing dungeons.

Is Cha'Dylan supposed to drop anything? I got nothing when he died. There isn't much to leverage here.

I've also noticed that Contemplate the Waters is now always present in the Western Forest, and that the Western Forest always has two dungeons. Not sure if that was intentional, but I kind of like it. Buy-in dungeons are way less aggravating when you know that they are there and can plan around it.

Also, someone needs to register the Packmaster handle and buy an EE package.

Also, also, the bank ledger is becoming one of my favorite preps. It's incredible for characters that need black space more than they need revealed resources (Bloodmage and Assassin).
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Darvin

Postby harfatum on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Lujo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Darvin mentioned something I'd love to get - indulgences. Very little ways to get them in game, very fun mechanic. Not necessarily a subdungeon thing, but I wouldn't mind an indulgence granting subdungeon, or item, or anything, really...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 pm

I think I found the mysterious potion replacement. The potion is flipped, and now it's guarded by a level 7 berserker.

I'm also very interested in the possibility of sub-gods (subdungeon gods). Things like Glitterfinger (piety to gold), Packmaster (piety to small items or compression scrolls), maybe some alchemist/potion god, etc. Actually, if this was earlier in the beta we could get a whole Demi-god/deity system. Your god gives you piety for boons, while your deity lets you use extra piety to emphasize some piece of your character (like gold, potions, etc.) Basically, you broaden and divvy up the Pactmaker. Every game guarentees 3 altars and a deity, and maybe change extra altar to extra deity.

Actually, as long as we're talking about the religious system, you should be able to renounce your god if you have 50+ piety. Like converting to no one. It would probably have to reset piety to 0.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Fran

Postby Nandrew on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:01 am

Nandrew

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons