Preparations. How to do it?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Preparations. How to do it?

Postby Lujo on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Darvin wrote:
Just a note on this - refreshment being useable while not in fact worshiping mysterea makes it so that I can grab it on guys who get only 14 mana (3 boosters + 1 5 piety hit) or 13 (just boosters).

I can't imagine any circumstance where you wouldn't grab the +1 piety boost for a paltry 5 piety, and you'd have to be very anxious to convert out to skip a useful 25-piety boon that takes you to critical threshold.

Given that the player has some fine control over their max MP when using refreshment, I don't think this is an issue. Maybe you will have to stick around to gather 25 more piety; on a god like Mystera that's not the end of the world.

Well I suppose so, but if I'm converting out I need 100 (50 + 50). Now, the 5 one, yeah, sure, I guess most often you can take it, but you still have to use up enough resources to get the 105, or in case u take 2 130. These resources are either blackspace or monsters, and if you use monsters that can also mean losing out on levels for GG, or TT, Drac or Taurog piety, and you are most deffinitely eating blackspace. That's the weird thing, I mean, you ARE right, but Mysterea piety is not free as such, it's just gainted with little effort.
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons