Release Date

All things Desktop Dungeons

Release Date

Postby PhantomMP on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:46 pm

So, I pre-ordered the special edition of the game yesterday after stumbling upon the Alpha version of the game. I absolutely love the beta, but when I started looking for a release date, nothing. Then I realized the game is been in beta for almost 2 years. So I'd really like to know what's going on? Are the developers still working on the game, or did they just give up?
PhantomMP

Re: Release Date

Postby Nandrew on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:12 am

It has been just over a year in beta.

We release a build update every week which you can access via the "play" area on the website as a pre-order member. :) The weekly changelogs and dev musings are detailed in the "News" section.

As for the final release ... man, we're hoping to get that out of the way soon. We started Beta a bit early compared to what one typically expects from that milestone, so it has been at this point for a fair bit longer than expected. But for the most part we've been clamping down and finalising design and balance areas now and are working more on tasks such as interface design, improved tutorial progression and a rad-looking Kingdom screen. :P

In short: we're pretty happy with most of what we've got so far, and are trying to make the game more ready and presentable for the critical eye of mainstream players.
Nandrew

Re: Release Date

Postby PhantomMP on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Yeah I understand, just wondering is all. Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. And keep up the good work!
PhantomMP

Return to Desktop Dungeons