[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Puzzle Solutions

Puzzle Solutions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Puzzle Solutions

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 pm

uhhh, I appologize for every reference to troll 4 i ever made. It's Troll 3 that gives me a headache on every playthrough. This time around I did every other one in one try except 3 took a while, and I missclicked once on the last one.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby flap on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:32 am

Hello,

Back on Gnome 3 puzzle, hte main I have had is that I did not understand that Weywut would grant "first strike" against that monster. For some reason the wording "Bonus strike order" sounded really obscure to me. But to be honest, that puzzle really was a weywut puzzle rather than a gnome one...

EDIT : I understand one of the reason why I felt somewhat frustrated in this puzzle : Since I am playing that version of DD, I was wondering what "slow" meant. So I was expecting a tutorial (with some explanations, a bit like "strike order") about it. Actually, that gnome 3 puzzle IS the tutorial about "slow". But the wording of the first sign assumed that we already knew what it meant.
So replacing the first sign with an explanation about what does "slow" do (what does "no retaliation" means, what bonus strike order means, how much bonus xp...) would be very helpful to new players, without giving too much away about the puzzle

An other minor issue : once we are awarded a new object, it really was not clear how to get it. Ok, I know from experience that it will now appear in dungeons exploration. But for new players, we should really have that kind of explanation...
flap

Postby FDru on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 pm

During my most recent playthrough I had a lot of trouble with Halfling 2 and 3. I probably spent an hour total on Halfling 2, and the hint wasn't very helpful because I was saving my death protection for the boss almost every time. If you told me to go back and do it again right now, I probably wouldn't know how because I think I was just trying desperate, random things at that point.

It feels like the player has too many options from the start, and it's not clear at all what is best to convert and when to do it, and when to cast what (or if BYCEPS even needs to be casted at all in puzzle 2). Puzzle 3 was not as bad, but as an experienced player the knockback thing was obvious to me; and after that it was just a matter of kill order and "okay this glyph can't be used anymore so convert".
FDru

Postby flap on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:05 pm

flap

Postby FDru on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:20 pm

Well this is interesting. I'm trying to figure out what problem I was having on Halfling 2 but I can't... I just beat it every time now.
FDru

Postby flap on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:08 pm

flap

Postby wreak havoc (i hope) on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am

It seems to me that various solutions in this thread have been invalidated by changes to the puzzles. Could someone please renew the solutions for Mystera and Tikki Tooki? Thank you
wreak havoc (i hope)

Postby Naoya on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 pm

All of them?

For the first 2 of both TT and MA I'd suggest reading the signboard; they are relatively easy, and its more fun that way.

Tikki Tooki 1

* Pick up the Gold
* Use Tribute until you have no gold left
* Pick up "Tikki's Edge"
* Hit one of the lv 1 Goblins, then use WEYTWUT to kill it
* Kill the next one and lv Up
* Cast WEYTWUT on the lv 2 Goblin, then convert it and kill the Goblin

Tikki Tooki 2

* Buy the Health Potion
* Tribute the rest of your Gold and get the "Reflexes" boon
* Hit the lv 2 Meatman, quaff the reflex potion, then hit it again
* Pick up the Gold and tribute it
* Kill one of the lv 1 meatmen, pick up "Tikki's Edge"
* Kill the remaining meatmean
* Quaff the Quicksilverpotion, then hit & finish Superduper

Tikki Tooki 3

* Buy the Venom Dagger
* Tribute all of your remaining Gold
* Get Tikki's Edge, tribute again, and get it a second time
* Buy the Health Potion
* Reveal the Boss
* Hit all of the Meatmen once
* Kill 2 Meatmen
* Hit the Boss once, then kill the remaining Meatmen
* Hit him again, use the Healthpotion, hit him another time, and then finish him.

Not sure if TT 3 is the intended solution, but it works just fine.

Mystera Annur 1

* Grab the Mana
* Fireball a Gorgon, then hit a goat.
* Kill the gorgons, get the "Magic" Boon, and kill the goat.
* Fireball the minotaur twice.

Mystera Annur 2

* Grab the Mana, use WONAFYT twice
* Kill on of the wraiths and the remaining goats
* Get the "Flames" Boon, fireball rex, drink the manapotion and fireball him again

Mystera Annur 3

* Get the following Boons: Refreshment, Magic, Flames
* Move a bit up and use WONAFYT
* Convert BYSSEPS and use WHEYTWUT on Sir Mutton
* Convert WONNAFYT and use BURNDAYRAZ on Sir Mutton
* Convert WHEYTWUT and use BURNDAXRAZ on Sir Mutton
* Get the "Magic " boon fro Mystera again
* Kill Beagle
* Convert ENDISWALL and finish Sir Muton with BURNDAYRAZ
Naoya

Postby wreak havoc (i hope) on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Sorry I should have been more precise. I was stuck on Mystera 3 especially, and still am. Neither the "old" nor the "new" of the suggested solutions seem to work. Or maybe I'm dumb ;)
wreak havoc (i hope)

Postby Naoya on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Huh, strange - it totally should work, as I've written them while solving them, just in case something got changed.
Actually, the solution of Darvin should also still work fine, just tested that.
Where exactly do you have problems? Are you following them step for step?
Naoya

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons