[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Suggestion - Warning

Suggestion - Warning

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Suggestion - Warning

Postby dislekcia on Fri May 10, 2013 3:40 pm

dislekcia

Postby Waterd103 on Fri May 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Waterd103

Postby Lujo on Fri May 10, 2013 7:12 pm

So if they pretty much reskinned the alpha but kept it as is you'd buy it? Or does it too have too much progression for you?

Just curious because if there's a market of people with your viewpoint it'd make a neat way to earn cash on the side with possibly not all that much effort. ^^

And I understand fully what you mean (and have my own oppinions on it different than yours, yours seem... dubiously entitled, don't take offense). I'm not sure what it means in the big picture. What you're looking for is technicaly a single player boardgame, or a puzzle game and the RPG elements (not the flavour ones) seem to completely kill it for you. Yes? But the idea itself is sort of the best thing since sliced bread, yes?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby ChasGB on Fri May 10, 2013 7:21 pm

ChasGB

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Fighter Gold can be beaten with all you have unlocked (or nothing unlocked by the fighter). Still, pulling it two out of three times with what you have is a bit... unrealistic. With what you have, fighter gold is like playing extra-super-hard minesweeper, and with everything it is like playing hard minesweeper. No matter how good you are at minesweeper, you will not beat extra-super-hard minesweeper simply because you could have bad luck and hit a mine on your first guess. On the other hand a pro playing hard minesweeper can do this. All of the gold challenges are some of the toughest things in the game (and this should definitely be better communicated) so without preps pulling two out of three would require very good luck for the best of players.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Waterd103 on Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 pm

The first click death is really not a problem in minesweeper because...well it takes your first second of time and then your restart. After the first click, at least in expert most good players can do 2/3 no problem at all.
My point? really if the winning rate of an optimal player is less than 66% , there is too much luck involved imo.
I'm still interesting in viewing a youtube video of someone completing that challenge without preps.
However, really if the "solution" is to attempt 30 times hoping to be lucky...that's just terrible.
Waterd103

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Not 30, but maybe 5. It really is a short challenge too. What preps do you have, or are you attempting it purist?

EDIT: Scratch that. It took me two tries, purist, and without too much luck. I even made a few really dumb mistakes.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Waterd103 on Fri May 10, 2013 10:02 pm

can you make a youtube video or similar?
Waterd103

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Sure. Do you want to see me beat it purist? Further on the stats, more like 2 out of 5, probably due to dumb mistakes and a couple bad luck draws.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri May 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Or at least tell me what race you went with? I've been trying with the shield at least with a goblin and a halfling, but no luck. Must be doing somethign wrong since I can't even reash the boss.

But it's both a short challenge, a very different challenge than the regular gameplay looks like, and doesn't really unlock anything...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons