[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Suggestion - Warning

Suggestion - Warning

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Suggestion - Warning

Postby Waterd103 on Thu May 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Right now I have:
Hexx ruins
Souther swamp
Western jungle
Havendale bridge
Venture cave
Rock Garden
Norther desert
Den of danger
Eastern tundra.

Yes part of problem i don't like (minor complain not important) is that i don't even know what i'm "supposed to do" So im going for making quest. Right now i'm a Monk short of completing second generation.

I want to notice that the Puzzles that you find in the exploration guild are by far the hardest thing in the game so far, i fail there a lot and really have to think carefully to solve them. They are fun but they are "different" than the main game and not really the reason i'm interested in desktop dungeons.
Waterd103

Postby Lujo on Thu May 09, 2013 4:13 pm

How about class challenges? Unlocked all the gods? You haven't seen the witch have you? Or her quest chain? Or the huge unlikely heroes questline?

And err, you've practicaly only seen the tutorials ^^ And that complaint isn't so minor, it's the root of your "game's too easy" stance.

Also, I get the feeling you might be overusing Mysterea, (I've been dropping hints about her abusability for a while now. you can really lean on her hard.).

(Mind taking a sceenshot of your Class-Race pre dungeon screen, and your prep screen? Really curious as to what you generally prep / which gods you go for, as well)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby keithburgun on Thu May 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Last edited by keithburgun on Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keithburgun

Postby Lujo on Thu May 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Lujo

Postby Waterd103 on Thu May 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Wow I hit the fighter gold challenge I went from "super easy , easy, super easy, easy" to "hell difficulty" the gold challenge is harder than the explorer guild puzzle. Intersting enough it feels more like a explorer guild game than a normal dungeon.

I lost 20 more times in this challenge already than in all other runs together.
Waterd103

Postby Lujo on Thu May 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Told you, what you've been puttering around in the tutorial. :D

(Had some good points though, but really, give the game some more time, and ask about things like "Is there a resign button".)
Lujo

Postby Waterd103 on Thu May 09, 2013 7:24 pm

It doesn't mean it isn't a problem that i had to play for hours before having some challenge and that it scales likes this.
Waterd103

Postby Lujo on Thu May 09, 2013 7:48 pm

True as well. But I suppose it would help the devs if they knew what items/preps you are using most often, what's your expirience with the alpha, and if you played a bit more what dungeons / runs did you find challenging and which ones did you find easy.

We've (the community) had issues with people "having it easy" and complaining about it and then hitting a brick wall and then complaining about it too - there's something up with the early learning curve / progression, and it could be attributed to various things. for example, try to explore any direction up untill you hit the vicious dungeons (you'll need to do the quest in the 4th dungeon, wich requires you to complete it with 3 classes from the same building). Your reaction to that could be enlightening.
Lujo

Postby Waterd103 on Thu May 09, 2013 7:55 pm

I'm wondering if this challenge is even doable without tons of luck without witch and alchemist open.
Here is a question, Having the alchemist and witch, does make this challenge easier? or the game adapts by increasing the difficulty in some way?

I will never complain about something being too hard per see. however if the difficulty progression makes no sense (like now) or if it's too hard for reasons that have nothing to do with how one plays the run in itself (for example if a run is too hard because one didn't unluck X yet, but unlocking X is not neccesary to be offered that quest in particular)
Waterd103

Postby Lujo on Thu May 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Ah, yes, well, that challenge is (was?) one of those where it undoable without the "suggested" unlocks. It was complained about that the tooltips weren't clear enough, the "suggested" label should've read "bloody mandatory". And we're not talking just lvl 1 withc, but lvl 4 (?) wich you can only unlock after quite a bit of a tricky quest chain. It was also complained that it becomes available befor it's doable which can cause frustration.

Try the other ones, and very nice to bring this up.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons