Kingdom Evolution

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Kingdom Evolution

Postby Fran on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:04 am

Well, I don't think we meant to say that we prefer content over accessibility - I'm pretty excited about all the graphical changes that are going to come. However, or rather because of that, it's hard to wait without doing something new in the meantime.
So the question is, what can we do to keep things interesting and fresh without pulling you guys away from working on accessibility - we all know that it is important for you to do that, I don't think anyone wanted to say otherwise.

Well, I have a suggestion without knowing how much work it would be, some kind of beta scavenger hunt:

You could make a simple (rare!) subdungeon exclusively for the beta where there is nothing but a sign in the middle (and some exploration). Once you step on the sign, the sign demands some race/class combo and an item which is fixed for the week. If you happen to be this combo and have the necessary item, you get a codex entry and thats it, otherwise you play as the combo until you find the sign again. The next week, you just change the things the sign demands and make another codex entry.

At the end of the beta, or whatever time this is supposed to end, you get some kind of diploma for the number of entries you gathered this way together with some concept art of packmaster or something (which depends on the number you found, so you're not compelled to have completed every single one of those things to get a reward).

So in my head that would mean setting up a little dungeon once and then simply changing a check on the sign / making a new codex entry every week which you can delete at the end of the beta.
Would that work without being too much of a hassle for you guys?
Last edited by Fran on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fran

Re: Kingdom Evolution

Postby The Avatar on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:17 pm

I practically count the new Kingdom Screen and Codex as content. Please, keep working on them!

All of us asking for more content begs only one solution: A level editor. This is the only way to get infinite content, and all of it tailored to what we prefer. I don't know about anybody else, but I'd definitely pay extra money if you guys made one. Seriously. That would be AWESOME.

Of course, that's all speculation, and of course the game needs to be finished first, but you guys should really think about doing it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons