Suggestion - Numbers in the EXP bar

All things Desktop Dungeons

Suggestion - Numbers in the EXP bar

Postby Minaro on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:06 pm

It's simple and straightforward: Keep the EXP bar as it is, but also make it show a numerical value of how much XP you're gonna get from killing an enemy when hovering your mouse over one. Especially at higher levels (when the bar is so compact) or at lower levels when you're killing higher-leveled mobs, you sometimes have no idea how much XP you're getting unless you're familiar with the XP formula. Especially new players stumble a lot, not realizing just how powerful it is to kill stuff way beyond your normal reach. I think it's a simple feature that would both serve to teach new players how much XP they get for killing higher leveled enemies (they could actually learn it without hitting the forum/wiki) aswell as giving an easier overview of your EXP to the experienced player.
Minaro

Re: Suggestion - Numbers in the EXP bar

Postby Nurator on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:54 pm

i totally agree! It happens way too often, that i want to get a level up with a highxp kill and am 2 or 3 xp short...can I kill the lvl 2 or use recources to kill the lvl 3?
Nurator

Re: Suggestion - Numbers in the EXP bar

Postby dislekcia on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Upgrading all the bars to display more tangible info is on the list of things to do, definitely :) Sorry it's taking so long.

For the moment I use the yellow line at the end of the "ribbon" to tell if I'm going to level up myself. If I can see it, then no.
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons