[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Snake? Snaaaaaake!

Snake? Snaaaaaake!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Snake? Snaaaaaake!

Postby GoatBot on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Discussion - Snake? Snaaaaaake!
GoatBot

Re: Snake? Snaaaaaake!

Postby Fran on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Wow, just wow.
Thats alot of good things, new rewards for naga city, a fix for the booster preps and a smaller game memory wise.
I tip my hat to you, fine gentlemans of developing.
Fran

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Darvin

Postby Fran on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:06 pm

I don't know since when the critters in the arena are bloodless, but that makes things extraordinary hard on the vampire. Sure, that was some pretty suboptimal playing I just did, but even disregarding that you're at a severe disadvantage compared to other classes due to having way less ressources from the tiles and no blood in exchange.
I guess this was intended as a nerf for those goddamn bloodmages?
Totally screwed up my run, unhappy now :(
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:37 pm

That's an interesting reward.

[Spoiler]
It gives you +4 fireball damage per level and all monsters counter fireball.
[/Spoiler]

I wonder if we can make any strategies with it...

Just played an Orc theif with extra attack boosters and a Tri-sword. Wow. Orcs with extra boosters crush.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Avatar: That is one seriously weird item. I'm sure we'll do our best to break before the end of the week.

Also, wow, the booster preps are back on the map! They are easily on the same power level as the 3 glyph preps now. The attack booster is the one that's going to attract the most attention, but I can think of uses for the other two as well.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:25 pm

I think you'll need WEYTWUT to make it really shine. This would let you do a fireball/attack/fireball combo without being hit by the counter effect. Another possibility may be to try it on the Berserker, who only has enough mana for one fireball anyways. Aside from very high resistance characters, however, you're still going to prefer an attack over a fireball if the counter effect cannot be neutralized, so it'll be a tough one to apply.

Until I've had an opportunity to give it a spin, I'm betting it'll be a poor man's GETINDARE.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:21 pm

I love GETINDARE...

It would work well with an attack boosted Orc berserker. Very well...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:22 am

Fewer Glyphs! :) At last!

I remember a fun discussion on linguistic where that cropped up, can't remember who started it up - it included discussing venomous and stuff. Anyone got any clue where I could dig it up?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons