Got Crusader before Tikki Tooki - bug?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Got Crusader before Tikki Tooki - bug?

Postby Dreamdancer on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 pm

The wiki states, that after one has access to all the gods (don't know if this would included the Pactmaker), there is the chance to find the subdungeons with the Crusader. Since the wiki is outdated i don't know if this information is still valid.

But in my case i got the Crusader before Tikki Tooki (and the Pactmaker) and still missing both :(
So i don't know if this is a bug, or the wiki is not up-to-date in this case?

And can give me somebody any hints where to find Tikki Tooki?
Dreamdancer

Re: Got Crusader before Tikki Tooki - bug?

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Tikki Tooki is found in the south, after you unlock the Earthmother. Hexx Ruins or Ick Swamp are probably your best bets to find him.

It's possible there was a change to the way to the Crusader was unlocked; we don't generally create entirely new kingdoms every time there is an update, so such a change would be invisible to us unless the devs mentioned something.
Darvin

Postby Dreamdancer on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Think Earthmother was the first i found and JJ the last, after which i found the Crusader.
But thanks for the info to look in the south.
Dreamdancer

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:34 pm

I thought it was all of the gods. They all have altars in his subdungeon. It seems weird to have it any other way.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Taurog and Binlor are found in the west. You must unlock Taurog before Binlor will appear.
Mystera and Jehora are found in the north. You must unlock Mystera before Jehora will appear.
Glowing Guardian and Dracul are found in the east. You must unlock Glowing Guardian before Dracul will appear.
Earthmother and Tikki Tooki are found in the south. You must unlock Earthmother before Tikki Took will appear (NOTE: the order in which they were unlocked was swapped in an update a few months back; there may be some old references in the wiki)
Pactmaker subdungeons appear randomly as you unlock other deities, and he becomes fully unlocked after you unlock all eight other altars.
Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 am

What *should* be happening is all eight before Crusader, so if you're getting something else then it's definitely a bug. Will look into it. :)
Nandrew

Postby Dreamdancer on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:18 am

Thank you. The profile where this happened runs under the same nick as my username here.
If the bug could be solved it would be awesome. But if the profile is broken, can you tell me that, so i know to better play a new profile.
Dreamdancer

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:24 pm

It is not broken. Getting things out of order should not break your profile.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Dreamdancer on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm

I did around 20 runs (enter map, collect all gold/potions and enter the subdungeon and then leave) for 'Hexx Ruin' and 'Southern Swamp' and 5-10 for 'Ick Swamp' and found mostly two subdungeons (mischief and metal spider temple).
For 'Slime Pit' i did only one run.

After this i got a little frustrated. Possible idea was:
Maybe there is a global variable which tracks if you have the individual gods. If it's false you can find said god in a subdungeon and if it is true you can not find the subdungeon (think since you shouldn't find the altar in a subdungeon a second time, if the god is unlocked). If the variables for all eight gods are true one has the chance to find the subdungeon of the crusader.
(I mean somewhere it must be logged if you can unlock stuff, if it is unlocked etc)

Since i do not know the code, i can not say if this idea makes sense or if it is total bull-shit.
And then started a new profile out of frustration... but still don't know if it is worth it, or if i should probably search further in the south for the subdungeon...

If i'm whining then sorry...

But nevertheless DD is an awesome game. Think if i liked it less i wouldn't have started a new profile (even if this annoys me a little). So thanks for this nice game even if there are bugs, since bugs are in every program development involved.
Dreamdancer

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:17 pm

The Mischief subdungeon is the one that unlocks Tikki Tooki.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons