[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - ERMAHGERD MERNSTERS!

ERMAHGERD MERNSTERS!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: ERMAHGERD MERNSTERS!

Postby q 3 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Why isn't the half-dragon allowed to attack a magic immune creature? Just remove that arbitrary restriction and there shouldn't be any problem. (Well, there's still like a 5% chance that you won't have any feasible way to use knockback on him, but still...)
q 3

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:15 pm

The reason they did this in the first place was because there are obscure ways to deal damage even if you deal 0 damage, which meant being immune to physical damage didn't make a monster immune to being damaged by a physical attack.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Aside from corrosion damage being irresistible (which IMO is just silly, but whatever), what exactly is the problem? Just give "immune" monsters immunity to corrosion. Or, for monsters that are immune to only one type of damage, grant corrosion immunity when the player uses the "wrong" kind of attack. Or maybe just revert corrosion damage to being physical-type, which would have the ancillary effect of making the Martyr Wraps less overpowered. Honestly, this all seems to me like needless overcomplication to defeat what is essentially a gimmick strategy that most players will never use (and the ones who do don't actually need it to win).
q 3

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 pm

As far as Magma Mines is concerned, I totally concur. If someone wants to invoke the power of Jehora or lug around a really big sword, that's totally cool. I think the devs concern is more with regards to class challenges and some subdungeons where they want to prevent "cheating".
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:27 pm

And the err, corrosion adjustment might also be a good idea on its own due to Martyr Wraps.

As for the misunderstanding with Avatar - Avatar, you just cleared it up, it was a misunderstanding on my part :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:39 pm

I agree. Corrosion should not be irresistible, but it should simply add on the type of damage you're already doing. If he has 3 corrosion and you fireball, you get 3 more magic damage. If you attack, you get 3 more physical damage. Then you can still have immunity vs resistances if you want to, and corrosion will never get in the way.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Johnny Boy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:03 pm

I haven't been able to play DD for a little while now through my browser... so I was wondering, when are we going to be able to get our downloadable copies of the game? Haven't had any problems running Unity games that I've downloaded. Besides, I'd much prefer to play DD on my Desktop then through a web browser. Please let us know if there's any word when it will be available.

Thanks.
Johnny Boy

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:57 pm

The final product will be a downloadable game. The beta test is a webgame because that is by far the easiest and fastest way to get new versions out without getting bug reports from 30 different users playing 30 different versions of the game.
Sidestepper

Postby dislekcia on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:24 pm

dislekcia

Postby Nurator on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 am

I thought a little bit about Magefist: Why dont you just deal damage to you equal to 4*enemymonsterlevel. That way, you still have that damage effect, but you could still attack units with Poison/Weaking and so on... and CURSE.. oh my god curse is just ridicolous with the magefist^^
Nurator

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons