[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - ERMAHGERD MERNSTERS!

ERMAHGERD MERNSTERS!

All things Desktop Dungeons

ERMAHGERD MERNSTERS!

Postby GoatBot on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 pm

GoatBot

Re: ERMAHGERD MERNSTERS!

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:27 pm

dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:36 pm

What is this? A naga cauldron? What? Where? If we haven't found it, it can't be THAT obvious right? Unless you have to have Mage Fist in your inventory.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Darvin

Postby Nurator on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Hmm, new Mage Fist still doesnt impress me. It gives the enemy instantly full burning. But I mostly use fireball to kill higher level monsters... so the burning is not that much and they instantly kill me :(

But Cauldron? I finished Naga City after the last patch but did not see anything... maybe you really need the mage fist! Will try tomorrow :)
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 pm

I would rather not have Mage Fist than have Mage Fist. The penalty is too cruel to justify almost any gain. Maybe immunity to poison and mana burn, +8 to fireball damage and 25% resist all. Okay, a bit overstated, but Counter: Fireball is the harshest monster attribute, and giving everything it is ridiculous.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 am

You get the point. Counter: Fireball is AWFUL!

Any leads on the cauldron?

The Avatar

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:27 am

I've played twice through with Mage Fist and haven't seen anything fancy or unlockable yet. I've opened one bonus subdungeon, but it was just gold. I'll keep looking; maybe next I'll kill a naga with a mage fisted fireball.

Mage Fist leads to a really different game. I'm not convinced that the new version sucks, but it definitely makes the familiar, straightforward way of turning mana into damage very different. It seems to have a weird dual role now as a big finisher at low levels, then at high levels you can Fireball, melee for the bonus burning damage, then Fireball again for a finishing unretaliatable fireball. I'm not convinced that the effect is worth giving up a Fine Sword prep for. It almost feels like it should be the underpinning of a new glyph or class.
sitnaltax

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons