[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Deities ; Thoughts on the Final Roster

The Deities ; Thoughts on the Final Roster

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Deities ; Thoughts on the Final Roster

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:04 am

Abundance of piety? You clearly don't prep him much. When you prep him he's a stingy little guy.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 am

No, I don't. I almost always go four-altar and take what I find. GG is a shadow of his true self if you prep him, as is Dracul and Tikki Tooki.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 am

Which is odd, because I don't ever prep 4 altars, and I don't know why... It's clearly the best non-specific prep, and my most prepped god must be Taurog, since you can really streamline him silly with preps.

On the other hand, I'm some sort of weirdo who only found out that the old TT prep penalty was considered insane on the forums. I used to prep him AND complain about how broken he was untill he got nerfed ^^

Oh, well, playstyles will be playstyles...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 pm

I prep basically all my gods for two reasons:
1. I don't like having to scum.
2. It adds extra challenge to vicious runs.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 pm

I always prep 4-altar as well.

I've thought for a while that the other altar preps should give you your selected altar as a 4th altar, in order to compete. Since they don't provide you anything that you can't scum for, you're sort of paying gold for a disadvantage.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:34 pm

I agree. The other unfortunate thing about three altars is if you score Pactmaker and prep a god you know you'll convert out of (like Binlor) you only have one conversion option.

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:40 pm

I don't prep 4 altar because

1) 50 gold
2) You might roll 4 poopy altars.

Although I fully realize 50 gold is the "balancing" factor for 4 altars, when coupled with luck I always feel iffy about paying for it.

Now if I had no use for money I would probably throw 50 gold down every time.
TigerKnee

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 pm

By the way, I managed to successfully use Spirit Pact exactly once.

I was taking a dwarf rogue into Vicious Gaan-Talet. On one of the upper floors, I got the Curse floor effect, and didn't have enough popcorn left to clear it away. The lack of resistances dropped me beneath the threshold to take a single hit from the monsters on that floor. I had plenty of blood pools left, but couldn't use them.

By taking Spirit Pact and sacrificing potions, I was able to boost my HP enough to take a single hit, which was enough to take out that floor. Of course, I ended up spending too many important resources to finish off Horatio, but I was proud of overcoming that obstacle.
sitnaltax

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons