[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Deities ; Thoughts on the Final Roster

The Deities ; Thoughts on the Final Roster

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Deities ; Thoughts on the Final Roster

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah, you should migrate that exact post to a different thread.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:16 pm

So I have been playing around a bit. I have found EM to be pretty much the ultimate newbie diety. Way more useful than Taurog. Just about every terrible situation I have ever been in has been solved by EM. 5 piety slow? AMAZING. Don't have enough HP? Here you go, and she spawns piety farms with it to boot. Oh look cheap mana recovery. The only time I was sad to see EM was trying to do complicated tasks pt2(easy in it's own right) but a quick convert out so I could kill the plants the boss was spawning and it was copacetic. Taurog serves the straight forward god, but the magic restrictions tend to be hard. EM rewards for the exact same things as taurog with really no restriction.(Understood resistance is > than DR, however effective health from Vine Form is probably higher).
xspeedballx

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:54 pm

I've found that Earthmother rocks the house on Hard and lower. I've had a more difficult time with her in Vicious, where Vineform stops being able to compete with monster damage at even low levels. In those scenarios I like her better as a late game convert to milk Plantation + Clearance. Or as a desecration target.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:35 am

She's Taurog-for-spellcasters-and hybrids as far as the early game is concerned, entanglement is a poor man's tiki's edge (but on the other hand helps you actually kill stuff), and 2 hits of vineform are a health pendant which doesn't take up inventory space or 5 hits of troll heart. She's also too good with warlords to be written off as an strictly early game deity. Better than Taurog early, deffinitely, as % res, at that point, is only really viable with monks, but Taurog is really easy to use.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Once you have a decent set of preps and bank up to level 1 or 2(obviously not early game) EM outshines taurog in every situation. In my current play through I think I only used Taurog twice, and one of those was for monk silver and I transitioned out to EM to finish(EM on ick swamp to start is bad...) I will say once I received the tri-sword finally, I have seen no real reason to use Taurog but that isn't saying anything no one already knows.
xspeedballx

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons