[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Picking an item for Naga City (Poll included)!

Picking an item for Naga City (Poll included)!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Which reward would you like to keep on Naga City?

"Mage Fist"
70%
Naga Cauldron
30%

Total votes : 10

Re: Picking an item for Naga City (Poll included)!

Postby Lujo on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:44 am

Ok, whyis this poll stagnant? It's eerily evocative of when the devs posted some metrics and it turned out a handfull of guys could be held accountable for all sucesfull Gaan'Telet runs...

If this is going to be decided by us, how about we decide it allready?

What do the two thingumajiggers do, exactly?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:16 pm

I agree. I'll edit the items into my first post.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Okay, I was able to play with the Cauldron last night. First off, it doesn't stack for the thief; you get no additional mana regeneration out of health potions. Second of all, it's definitely breakable with the Gnomish Earthmother followers. Once you're ready to fight the boss, use all piety on greenblood then start whacking plants to build up corrosion. You'll hit 100% mana potions before long, so all you need to do is boost your max mana a little and you're in business. Pretty much useless outside of this, though, since the numbers are so low you'll never get appreciable stacks to fuel it without crippling yourself.

Reason I'm not voting is that I don't quite like either item in their current form, and would prefer the devs iterate a bit before we settle on one. If the cauldron does end up being scrapped, I hope the sprite gets reused for a subdungeon item or something, because the idea of an adventurer hauling around a giant iron cauldron as a standard piece of equipment is just way too adorable to pass up.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Well, by the looks of them, I'd prefer the cauldron in some form or another. Will think about it and give an opinion later.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Some possible "change of directions" for the items:

Mage Fist:
* Add the character's attack damage to fireball damage instead of +4 damage per level (slow remains)
* Fireball also causes slow effect in addition to +4 damage per level
* Detonating burning with a melee attack deals extra damage (in addition to current effects; detonating burning by attacking another monster grants no extra damage)

Naga Cauldron
* Placing any potion into the Cauldron transforms it into a rejuvination potion (+20% health / +20% mana, cures both poison and mana burn).
* Produces one random potion (health, mana, schadenfreude, or strength) every time you level up at the cost of 3 gold.
* Drinking a potion grants you +30 conversion points
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:12 pm

I haven't voted because I haven't tried either of them yet.

But I'm probably leaning towards Naga Cauldron, only because I think that Retaliate Fireball is an obnoxious effect that I'd never intentionally give myself.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 pm

That's pretty much my thinking. I like Darvin's idea of making cauldron convert potions to a weaker and more versitile version. Perhaps at the cost of gold. Or maybe something more random. Maybe there are three possible outcomes. Maybe the potion has two random percents for health and mana. Still, the idea of converting the potions is the important part.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:56 am

I should mention (unless something went wrong with the implementation) that the Mage Fist instantly maximises the burn stack too.
Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 pm

Ack! I forgot that. Still, people should vote! Come on!

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons