[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Dungeon of the Day - 1

Dungeon of the Day - 1

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Dungeon of the Day - 1

Postby gjaustin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 pm

How did I know Darvin would play as an Assassin? :)

You provided a good example of why I think that you overvalued Unstoppable. You basically got it for free with Ding! Max!

Edit: I'll probably try the same thing (if I get a chance), except see if I can replace Purist with Warmonger for an extra point.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Yeah, I just have a friend coming over tomorrow and I'm babysitting for my sister tonight. So I suspect I won't get many chances to try.

Does the Translocation Scroll prevent you from getting Miser?
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Nope, you're still good for Miser with Transloc.

You should still be able to get a few attempts in (15 minutes for a solid run), and even if you don't get your best score you can still submit something. Heck, as it currently stands anyone who even completes the dungeon can grab 2nd place ;)
Darvin

Postby Dreamdancer on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:53 pm

I don't know what i find more amazing. All the badges in one run or the duration of the run (less than 15min)...
Dreamdancer

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:19 pm

I didn't have all of them; I was missing Warmonger and Faithless, scoring 22 out of a possible 30 points on the scale described in the original post. I'm kinda nuts when it comes to stuff like this :lol: .

Feel free to give it a whirl and post your results. Although this is ostensibly a contest, there are no prizes and participation is the most important thing. I'd actually like to see some newer players in the lineup so we can see which badges you guys go for.

I gave the Goblin Bloodmage a couple of runs, and unfortunately it's way too scummy. If you don't find fireball early in exploration? Restart. If you find a high-level animated armor late in exploration? Restart, since you won't get unstoppable now. And on top of that I'm finding Ding! Max unobtainable without deities, so I'm really only gaining 1 point by grabbing Faithless due to that trade. Assassin appears to be the purist king.
Darvin

Postby Dreamdancer on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 pm

no no, with 'all the badges' i meant all the badge you did in one run.

I'm trying it now with an orc rogue. found JJ (happy dance). explored a little, went to cursed world and got trapped between 3 lvl1 monsters :( bye bye cheeky
Dreamdancer

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Darvin

Postby Dreamdancer on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:54 pm

went JJ for the health... but converted the glyph (wanted to try warmonger) and needed the damage.
it ended with being lvl6 in the cursed world.

probably i just try purist
Dreamdancer

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:00 pm

The glyph has no conversion points. I think the best possible score is 27 (dropping faithless or miser). I might go for that.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons