[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Playthrough notes

Playthrough notes

All things Desktop Dungeons

Playthrough notes

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Well, started up a playthrough feeling rather like a dunce for talking a lot and not doing much. Last time around it yielded pretty good stuff and was educational.

BUGS?

1) One of the three initial goat dungeons has a subdungeon that can get you walled off, because LEMISI doesn't lock onto monsters as a prefference, going for revealing gold. Was this intended?

2) And now I'm not sure the "starter puzzle pack" gave the gold reward at all. Eh, someone will have noticed by now...

NOTES:

- Like: The lack of the "Robbed!" part of banker quest. It was a bit of a letdown to get all your loot stolen :)

- Like: The new help window in the starter puzzle pack, with the pointer and stuff.

- Find Odd: - The first puzzle displays the "Return to the guild" popup, but also spawns the stairs. Not vital in any way, just redundant and I noticed it. If they're ment to have a non-standard ending (with the popup) why the stairs? Plus, the final puzzle makes a direct refference to ascending the stairs.

- Find Odd: - The additional bonuses on the IMAWAL glyph aren't noted on the tutorial glyph. Could be on purpose, but didn't the glyph also got curse removal added to it. If so, does it ever show?

- Like: - The fast that burning now has a "max" tooltip, probably gonna point any observant newbies to play with it and figure it out. It's an important tool in the very beggining.

- MISSCLICK DEATH No. 1 - Venture cave, first normal dungeon run ever, banker quest. I did not even find the halflings or gnomes or whoever it is, and allready a missclick death by mouse pointer hitting a small groove in the surface and missin the glyph I was trying to pick up by a milisomething and clicking on a lvl9 Warlock. Gonna count these.

- Puzzling Tooltip: - It's actually not clear if the Thief's stabber bonus apply the damage on magical attacks. Ok, it's called stabber, but still... - Like: the fact that you can't screw you math by wasting stabber anymore :)

- Like: - The new first directional dungeon quest modes (1st and 2nd class required), will check out how it feels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday ones:

Notes:

- Like: Spawn plants tagged as an ability on druids which spawn them. Results of picking up boons highlighted on Taurog :)

- Find Odd: Why aren't there status buff flags at the portrait for god worship, to tell you which god you are worshiping. It sounds silly, but when you first walk into a god subdungeons, finish up the quest and walk out, it's not actualy clear that you are now a worshiper. Just saying.

- Like: Taurogs puzzle pack. Can't tell how hard it is really, but it took me a couple of tries for the 2nd and 4-5 for the 3rd. Nice.

- ??????: Sir Thrawn, The Dark Knight Subdungeon - exploration bonanza with a small hazard? Just found it for the first time, trying to figure it out.

- Find Odd: : You can actually finish the final gnome puzzle with qute a bit of resources left over. Actually this seems to be the only way to do it to me right now. And it doesn't even have anything to do with abusing the new retaliation. Just strange, I wonder what the intended solution was...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: Playthrough notes

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Sunday:

- Find Odd:

Not sure if this was the intended solution, or what the intended soultion was. Well, it's bronze challenges and all that, but compared to all the 4 other basic ones this one was rather easy. Then again, this did require knowledge of proper WHEYTWUT and burning use, so I don't know what to think.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Yeah, that's the easiest challenge by far. You can kill the boss so easily.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Assassin Bronze isn't much harder...
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Good point on Assassin bronze.

As long as a newbie realizes how to use the glyphs to enter the fort (almost the point of the challenge) and that you don't have to kill the level 10 guys, it shouldn't be too hard.

Oh yeah, skip the dagger.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:58 pm

By the time you find it in shops it is bad 90% of the time, and the fine sword is a better prep.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Ok, ty :)

- Like: The fact that the fighter building isn't an autobuild anymore, and that early kingdoms don't start with the Wraith boss unlocked before you have means to reliably deal with it. Very, very wellcome change since the last time I did this. Early game much more fun.
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons