Foo Strats (Or Newbie Crutches?)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Foo Strats (Or Newbie Crutches?)

Postby Darvin on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:05 pm

I whish one of them would tell us if straight up GETINDARE dodge prediction abuse was the intended way of doing Rogue Silver or is it just unintended?

Uh... no, intended way is overheal from Dracul propped up by warrior's pact from pactmaker.

Having TT fork one over on worship was also a bit of strange move in my eyes.

Problem was that everyone but paladins wanted to convert in since TT had no on-worship effect whatsoever.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Darvin wrote:
I whish one of them would tell us if straight up GETINDARE dodge prediction abuse was the intended way of doing Rogue Silver or is it just unintended?

Uh... no, intended way is overheal from Dracul propped up by warrior's pact from pactmaker.

Uh oh...

Well, then GETINDARE deffinitely needs a nerf pronto. I just did Rogue Silver without any altars at all. And could've done it wouthout the Midas Mantle, and I didn't even touch the statue gold (maybe one pile) and I killed all three mooks effortlessly. Only prep was Black Market, and I only had Mage Plate unlocked out of... anything. :?

Say, this IS something I could do a vid on if anyone needs convincing. I thought this was the intended way and thought the dungeon was brilliant. :?
Last edited by Lujo on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:10 pm

I thought the intended way for Rogue Silver was buying the really expensive cloak, which gives immunity from death gaze...
Dreamdancer

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Dreamdancer wrote:I thought the intended way for Rogue Silver was buying the really expensive cloak, which gives immunity from death gaze...

So did I, so I did it, but it turns out I didn't have to. The intended way of getting the money for it, however, is something comletely different than what I did, and the elements were supposed to be available at a much later stage in the kingdom development.

Unless the devs say that the way I did it was right, but I doubt it because then you don't need the cloak, or can get it so easily that it's not really a challenge. :?

What I did would certanly be undoable without the dodge prediction on GETINDARE, and would be considerably more difficult if GETINARE cost 5 mana, though.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 pm

I think they should take the dodge prediction off.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons