Dungeon of the Day - 3

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Dungeon of the Day - 3

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:56 am

Well, I attribute my success to win. I didn't know that translocation scrolls let you keep miser.

I prepped elites, but stole a Vampiric Blade. It was great. Also, I don't use RBS. When you consider how much extra you need to get unstoppable here, the loss of first strike is VERY painful.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 pm

7 hours left in the competition; if you haven't submitted a score (or you've only submitted for one category) it's not too late to jump in.

Also that's game, Avatar. I couldn't beat your time on my lunch break and will not get a chance to play again until the contest is over, so you've beaten me. Congrats ;)
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks. You've done quite impressively on the past two, so I wasn't even expecting to beat you.

Also, if more players start doing this, we might want to create divisions. It could be as simple as vet or non-vet, or as complex as "beginner" (beaten your first hard dungeon, early grips of tactics), "intermediate" (won the game, good understanding of tactics), "advanced" (won game and some vicious, strong grip on tactics, not to mention broken strats), and "Veteran" (Understanding of how to play basically everything well, beaten almost everything (if not everything), can win hard 9 out of 10 times, and understands broken strats that can beat vicious fairly easily). I guess you would have to have people organize themselves, based on honesty, but someone could be voted up if the group thought they were way out of their level.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:59 pm

I think, instead of a veteran division, we should have a monster class division. I'm disappointed they're left off of the list.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:04 pm

A veteran/beginner division is a good idea for discussion. To the master discussion thread
Darvin

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:38 am

And since there were no further submissions in the final stretch, the standings are unchanged from my last report:

Berserker Division
Avatar - Gnome Berserker - 27 points (4:18)
Darvin - Elf Berserker - 27 points (5:23)
gjaustin - Orc Berserker - 19 points
Lujo - Orc Berserker - 17 points

Non-Berserker Division
Darvin - Goblin Wizard - 21 points
q3 - Elf Transmuter - 14 points
Dreamdancer - Orc Transmuter - 13 points
Lujo - Goblin Wizard - 10 points

Congrats to everyone who participated.
Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons