[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Broken Transmuter

Broken Transmuter

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Broken Transmuter

Postby Lujo on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:50 pm

There's bound to be at least one unintended interaction or outright bug in what you just said :D
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:16 pm

LEMMISI and BLUDTOPOWA wouldn't really work, since both need tiles. In both cases you lose 3 tiles and get 3 conversion points.
From LEMMISI one gets 391 conversion points + 8 from using casting LEMMISI into the emptiness = 399
So one needs another glyph or subdungon for another conversion

Human needs 100 points -> gets 3 or 4 conversions (missing 1 point)
damage: (5 + x*15 )*1.x
3 conversions = 65 damage / 80
4 conversions = 91 damage / 110

Orc needs 80 points -> 4 or 5 conversions (missing 1 point)
damage: 5+ x*(15+2)
4 conv.: 73 / 94
5 conv.: 90 / 117

Elf needs 70 points -> 5 or 6 conversions (missing 21 points)
damage 5+x*15+ \sum_i^x (i)
5 conv.: 95 / 123
6 conv.: 116 / 150

From this we learn that one needs also other ressources to kill the boss.
(still trying to remember how the hell i did get 422 damage with the orc, think i converted everything i could find and didn't give any damage bonus + Boost Mana Boon from JJ).

If one converts all the glyphs this roughly doubles the damage. Depending when one converts the glyphs (converting the glphys without black tiles results in no damage bonus for mana).

In the end i would say, that with that approach one-shoting the boss needs heavy glyph and/or item conversion.
One-shoting a lvl9 might be a better idea. On the other hand one needs WEYTWUT or other gylphs if the monster isn't accesible right away...
For the balance: Assassin with Fireball can do a similar stunt (one-shoting big stuff) ok, this might be a little bit harder, since one cannot reach all black tiles probably).

Conclusion:
So in the end this is rather a niche. The power boost from massive conversion of glyphs and items comes at a steep cost, so i think this is ok.
Leaves LEMMISI / BLUDTOPOWA - black tile abuse
Easiest approach to prevent the LEMMISI (or BLUDTOPOWA) black tile abuse/exploit, would be to exclude these two glyph for the ability. On the other hand one would lose the ability to get a couple of missing conversion points from LEMMISI for the next conversion treshold... (why is balancing always so hard).
Last edited by Dreamdancer on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamdancer

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:24 pm

If you prep 2 more boosters and buy even more percent you can get almost that much. Just DP and first strike. That's also why the Orc is better. His attacks after the first are much better than the elves.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Don't forget that with BLUDTUPOWA you will generate lots of excess mana that could be used to cast other things. Try crunching a HALPMEH/BLUDTUPOWA/LEMMISI combo. You could probably get loads of mileage out of that.
Darvin

Postby Dreamdancer on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Dreamdancer

Postby q 3 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:35 am

q 3

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons