[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Dungeon of the Day - Master Thread

Dungeon of the Day - Master Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Dungeon of the Day - Master Thread

Postby gjaustin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:32 am

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:39 am

Darvin

Postby Gavster on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:39 am

I like whupaz! The times I don't remember to use it are when I know I can take the bosses and don't plan ahead.
Gavster

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Unless there's a new submission, it looks like things were about balanced for round 4. The best Rogue and Crusader submissions tied for score, and the best Priest beat them by only a single point. We could make an argument to move priest up to +3, but I wouldn't shift him more than one point.

With round 4 at a close, I'd like to talk about round 5. I'm thinking about the following random arrays:

Class Selection (3d12 - reroll duplicates): Fighter (1), Warlord (2), Thief (3), Assassin (4), Monk (5), Paladin (6), Sorcerer (7), Bloodmage (8), Tinker (9), Vampire (10), Gorgon (11), Half-Dragon (12)

This eliminates the classes from rounds 3 and 4 from rotation and lets the monster classes in on the fun.

Dungeon Selection (1d6): Naga City (1), Dragon Isles (2), Demonic Library (3), Vicious Halls of Steel (4), Namtar's Lair (5), reroll on 6

Should hard Gaan-Telet be the 6th candidate here, or would that cheapen a "vicious dungeon of the day" rotation?

Anyone else wanna play host this time?
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:37 pm

That includes changing Purist to 5, right? And I assume I didn't convince you to change Miser to 2 as well? :)

I vote for no Gaan-Telet. If we do that, it should be selected and not determined randomly.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Note that I said Hard Gaan-Telet. The vicious one would scare off practically everyone.

I'm not entirely convinced on both moving purist to 5 and miser to 2. The thing is, hoarder and faithless were taken even less than purist. I'm more inclined to leave purist where it is and knock down miser for the time-being. If purist is being considered, we really need to talk about hoarder and faithless as well.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:05 pm

Good points on faithless and hoarder; we'll leave them for another round and re-evaluate then. As for miser, purist, and warmonger, I'm uncertain of how to proceed.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:07 pm

I can't host this one, but I think you should also randomize a non-vicious dungeon and shut out vets like me, Darvin, etc.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:08 pm

gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons