[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Dungeon of the Day - Master Thread

Dungeon of the Day - Master Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Dungeon of the Day - Master Thread

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Darvin

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:03 am

How about just doing two dungeons, with no divisions? I think most of the active posters on the forums are either already skilled players or at least aspire to be. :)

One comment I wanted to make re: purist, especially since I think I'm the only one who posted a score with the purist medal on this latest dungeon ( ;) ) is that it seems pretty likely that non-purist strategies would have had the decisive advantage if there were more participants, or participants had more time/energy/kingdom gold to devote to the challenge. I literally cannot think of a way to improve on my Rogue or Priest strategies' medal count (everything but Hoarder and Faithless for the Rogue, sans Parched as well for the Priest), since the dropped medals were all essential. (Doesn't mean it would be impossible to come up with a better strategy, of course, but I'd like to think it's unlikely.) Darvin and gjaustin's non-purist strategies, on the other hand, most likely could have taken the lead with slightly more optimal play and/or luck, since they both had opportunities to pick up more (or more valuable) medals.

What that means for scoring is beyond me, though, aside from the need for more data. And I somehow doubt we'll see many purist medals in a vicious contest, especially with class constraints...
q 3

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 am

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:43 pm

Are people still interested in this? If so, I could run another round of this, probably starting tomorrow.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Feel free to do so. After the last round, I'd say definitely do not split it into multiple divisions. We just don't have enough participants for it.

As the host, you're free to choose whatever methods you prefer for generating the dungeon/class pool and any limitations you might add. The only hard rule is that we must be able to confirm everything from the score screen (so requiring players to prep no more than 100 GP worth of stuff is a no-go, since we have no way of confirming it).
Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons