[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Warlord Silver(and expanded thoughts)

Warlord Silver(and expanded thoughts)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Warlord Silver(and expanded thoughts)

Postby Lujo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Oh, then it wasn't the Trisword I was using (or might've been through a combination of the Quest Items prep, which also nets you a Platemail (which back then didn't slow you down). And using the method you describe is pretty much mandatory, what with the layout and everything.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Yes. Use that method in tandem with Platmail, the bloody sigil, or a tower shield. Or any combination of the three.

As for thief gold, the cheats have a total of two salves and two tonic between them. Trust me, it's doable. In fact, it's not too hard. Just don't get scared of taking corrosion or weakening. Also, with ENDISWALL, two level higher dudes are beatable. And of course Stoneskin for the boss. He should only take two hits, and with a pre-made stoneskin, potions for one more, and first strike it's a cakewalk. I considered it one of the easier golds BEFORE GETINDARE let you dodge.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:25 pm

Yeah, I remember one of you guys saying Sillyname was a pushover. Didn't look easy to me, but maybe it's all the monk expirience screaming at the thought of getting weakened that much. What's the Treasure for except plowing with TT?

Anywho, Quest Items will probably do it for the priest.

Any tips on fighter gold? The platemail slows me down, I cant, errr, use the GETINDARE stupidity in there, and I'm getting nowhere... Anyone did this?
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Ugh. It's not too fun. Be a goblin, but save glyphs as much as possible. Bring a conservation badge, monster whistle the level 9 before the boss or the first high level snake or goo blob you must kill. Whupaz, quicksilver, and strength are great. Bring transmutation to nab the sword ASAP. Use BYCEPS and LEMISI to whittle the bosses resists, and BYCEPS for the fight. Try to get at least two, if not three, mid-fight level ups.

Does Sillyname still have 150 hp? As long as he has that he will be a pushover.

The fabulous treasure is basically bragging rights and TT plowing.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:01 pm

As I said in the other thread, I beat Fighter Gold as a Human. And I didn't use LEMISI on the boss. Other than that, I agree with Avatar.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Sillyname has 150, I used one pre set dodge, one regular attack and first strike, and I didn't even kill all the other guys beforehand.

Lol on the treasure, if I'd known about that back when I was raving bot OP TT, I'd have burst a brain artery :D (also all that raving did have a few good points, though).

Anywho, I've figured out most of that, but I kept going for the mace instead of the sword. Was getting nowhere though. I'll try some more.

And, err, we derailed speedballs thread, which did have a point. Maybe Warlord silver IS a bit harsh considering the relative worth of it's "lesson"?
Lujo

Postby Dischorran on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:03 am

Is it possible that the problem here is that Earthmother's Entanglement boon isn't working at the moment due to whatever also took down the assassin's first strike, etc.? I was trying to tackle warlord silver yesterday and slowing didn't seem to give me the win I was looking for, and I'm almost positive (yeah, yeah) that that was the key to weeding out the revenants on the regular map.
Dischorran

Postby ChasGB on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Wait, the class challenges are lessons? I must be terrible at this game then. I petrified almost all of the revenants and still felt like I only beat it because I got *extremely lucky* at the end. I gave up on Thief silver ages ago, and have spent the last two weeks getting stomped on berzerker silver because I can't figure out "the trick".

So if bronze and silver challengers are lessons, then are gold challenges "the test"? I had to give up on Warlord gold because they both literally almost had me throwing my laptop across the room out of frustration.
ChasGB

Postby gjaustin on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:14 pm

gjaustin

Postby ChasGB on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Oh, there's been some failure all right. ;)
ChasGB

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons