"Isn't Betty a woman's name?"

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re:

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm retroactively making all of my old elf heroes into heroines. Sorry, boys!
q 3

Re:

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Either bug, or really, really, REALLY well played QCF. Elf fighter always did look suspicious.

Dwarves do have females in all their blocky glory, however, and the halfling rogue looks exactly like Little Red Riding Hood :D

And I dub the female halfling Monk Spongebob, before anyone else does.

And also, Orc females seem really bloodthirsty. Males are more snidey and smug, grls all seem to have PMS.
Lujo

Re:

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:21 pm

And, err, I can't seem to hit an elf fighter female portrait. Tried 10 times and suspect a perfectly utilized joke oportunity right there.

They mention something about "androgynous" elves in the news post. Aside from the handful of elves with facial hair (wizard, sorcerer, and transmuter, IIRC) the entire point is that no one can really tell which elves are male or female.

Gunna have to take a look. I can't wait to go through them all.

Okay, female halfling monk is weird. Most of the female humans look cooler than their male counterparts. And... oh god the female goblin bloodmage is ugly.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the random weighting seems to be strongly in favour of male. I'd say I'm getting close to a 4:1 ratio.
Darvin

Re: Re:

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Darvin wrote:
And, err, I can't seem to hit an elf fighter female portrait. Tried 10 times and suspect a perfectly utilized joke oportunity right there.

They mention something about "androgynous" elves in the news post. Aside from the handful of elves with facial hair (wizard, sorcerer, and transmuter, IIRC) the entire point is that no one can really tell which elves are male or female.

Gunna have to take a look. I can't wait to go through them all.

Okay, female halfling monk is weird. Most of the female humans look cooler than their male counterparts. And... oh god the female goblin bloodmage is ugly.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the random weighting seems to be strongly in favour of male. I'd say I'm getting close to a 4:1 ratio.

Try relogging one more time, it helped me. And the male portraits are more zoomed in than the female ones. And the homeliest girls title goes to the gnomes so far, they all look vaguely brittish. In the not flattering way. However, I do applaud the portrayal of women as simply females of bipedal vaguely mammalian bloodthirsty dungeon delving genocidal buggers. As in, they mostly actually look like adventuring women would ^^
Lujo

Re: Isn't Betty a woman's name?

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Hmmm... seems I can't get a Female Orc Warlord. I've tried about 40 times and she won't pop up.

Also bug: Assassin first strike beats monster first strike
Darvin

Re:

Postby dislekcia on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:17 am

Things that are not in this update:
Fighter.png
Fighter.png (34.58 KiB) Viewed 446 times

Also, female Orc Warlords are wearing the same armor as their male counterparts. It's the eyes that give them away...
dislekcia

Re:

Postby q 3 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:28 am

Finally, a chance to play as a male elf!
q 3

Re: Isn't Betty a woman's name?

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:39 am

Male elves are tall, slim, beautiful, have soft voices and tend to have long hair. Female elves are tall, slim, beautiful, have soft voices and tend to have long hair. Non-elves get very confused on this subject, and the elves generally find it so amusing that they refuse to drop hints one way or another.

I'm half-disappointed that the elves aren't actually going to actually be an androgynous race.

Also, female Orc Warlords are wearing the same armor as their male counterparts. It's the eyes that give them away...

I'll have to look very closely then. Is this the same deal with Orc Crusaders?

I almost missed the difference between the goblin assassins. Very subtle on that one.
Darvin

Re:

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Are their female guards? I restarted a couple of times and never saw one.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Re: Re:

Postby Kuranes on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:01 am

Lujo wrote:And I dub the female halfling Monk Spongebob, before anyone else does.

That portrait <3

"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons