[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The seasonal greetings

The seasonal greetings

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The seasonal greetings

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Oh well, wizard might've needed a buff, but this is one of the most broken things imaginable (coincidence probably). But still, please hotfix this little thing somehow?

And, err, JJ into Drac into GG would all work while lvl one. You'd be superman. Maybe they did this on purpose to give the newbies a taste of "madly borken" and set new standards for the term? Someone ought to take a few hours to go to naga city, find them all, and one shot all the bosses. You could take the Treasure and a conversion seal in there to stock up on TT stuff as well. Or walk thorugh VICIOUS Gaan'Telet like is paper. Or pick up max level of every imaginable boon at the same time and take a picture of it (U'd need agnostic for that and sacrificing a couple of altars once you're done with them) :D

Say, breaking this thing beyond belief would make a swell forum game over the hollydays.
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Going Chaos Avatar has the advantage that one would loose the weakening and corrosion stacks. Additionally Chaos Avatar gives us 100 conversion points, so we don't need to buy a 5th potion to get all the four Boost Health boons ;)
Dreamdancer

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:06 pm

And the Pactmaker requires piety to pull it off, too!

I think the best solution may be to keep it as it is, but have it cap out at doubling the CP of the converted item.

Taking gnomes infinite is small potatoes; Halflings actually get 90 CP for converting a healing potions. That means for every 8 healing potions they convert, they get 9 healing potions. Now if only I could figure out a way to leverage infinite money out of this situation to fuel a trisword...
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:07 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Oh, it seems I misunderstood the change. I thought poison blocked a certain amount of regeneration indefinitely (thus 5 stacks of poison would fully-stop regeneration up to 5th level monsters, but not higher). Instead, poison now blocks a certain amount of flat regeneration but is no longer cancelled by attacks.

If that is the case, then this is a pretty harsh nerf to APHEELSIK, largely no change to Tikki's poison, and a fair buff to the venom dagger. Why? Because APHEELSIK is almost exclusively used at the end of an exhaustive attack chain and it's virtually assured it will time out before you've recovered your health and mana. However, the on-attack poisons will stack up 2-3 times during your combat chain and will almost certainly last long enough for you to fully healh. I hope I'm misunderstanding this; will test later.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons