[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The seasonal greetings

The seasonal greetings

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The seasonal greetings

Postby gjaustin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:42 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:59 pm

Actually, i've tested APHEELSICK and TT's Poison just now and here's how it works:

Poison stacks with itself, and negates a total ammount of health that would be regenerated untill you explore a set ammount of tiles (and it notifies you about how many tiles you have left to explore before the monster starts regenerating). It doens't "break" if you attack something else anymore, and for that I'm very, very glad.

APHEELSICK adds 10 poison points per level. It stack with itself.

TT poison adds 10 stacks (fixed, not per level) of poison with every attack. It's abysmal compared to APHEELSICK. It costs 35 piety, and increeses by 10 piety for each hit of it you take. It also means that to use it effectively you need to be out of TT, and it especially means you can't prep TT with it in mind. Essentialy it's like applying a lvl 1 caster APHEELSICK to every attack you make. I feel it got hit too hard this time, and might need to be buffed, either by making it a fixed 25 piety per boon, or upping the ammount of poisonous attack.

How the venom dagger works I have no clue.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Otherwise I think the changes (GETINDARE, TT poison long overdue nerf, wizard buff) are good for the game. Well, except for the horribly broken Wizard conversion gimmick, that might have been a tad excessive. I'd have settled for losing the damage penalty, but being able to gain infinite piety/potions at lvl 1 is where I draw the line. Not to mention getting almost a glyph worth of piety out of spoons with any wizard.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Agree with your wizard assesment, I ws just being silly because I'm sligtly worried that this won't be fixed in weeks. Well it'll be an exploity couple of weeks, but still, I'd love to test a more "not-broken" incarnation that worked along the same lines.

Well, the Dagger adds 5 poison to your attack, and stacks but has a missleading leftover tooltip. The TT poison couldn't be more overpowered for what it was for most of the year (or ever?), but it could offer more affordable scaling. I'll have to test it, but it looks rather obvious that right now you're paying more than you used to for a fraction of what you used to get. Maybe if buying it simply scaled differently in any way, poison stacks, gold on purchase, piety cost, whatever.

I mean, I was all for a TT poison nerf, spammed about it incessantly, and all that, but I'm pretty sure this needs tweaking. The way it is now it lets you regen a measly one square against anything above lvl 5, and doubles that ammount to whooping 2 squares if you sing 45 more piety into it.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:42 pm

You can attack a new monster and the poison won't go away at least.

I think the wizard should just give a glyphs conversion points when you pick it up, but then again, I guess that would disqualify them from hoarder.

Wait, wouldn't TT's poison still be powerful for monks? If you can get two levels that's 20 poison.

You're a level 8 monk in venture cave. The boss does 75 damage. You survive 2 hits. That's 40 poison on the boss, so 64 hp for you. You can do that 6 times. That's 12 hits without the boss regenerating. Not bad.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:09 pm

Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:15 pm

The venom dagger and TT's poison boon are nice for a melee assassin, since one gets +40% damage.
For other classes it's only a buff for regen-fighting (like burning from fireball), which is the reason why it would help the monk the most.
Dreamdancer

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Do poison stacks decrease if the monster is at full health? If not there could be some interesting setup strategy there for assassins and may actually play up the class flavor some. Spend most of the dungeon stacking up poison on a boss to blow them out later.
xspeedballx

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons