[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The seasonal greetings

The seasonal greetings

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The seasonal greetings

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Yeah, it's a bit too powerful, and I favor simply giving half the CP on pick up.

Poison is too weak unless it's by level, but even then it is so weak it's not worth it. Now assassin is shoved even more into the caster only box.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:31 pm

100+20/level is a massive buff over how APHEELSIK worked before. MASSIVE.

Remember, that it was worth 100 previously. And it only reduced Fast Regen to normal regen, I think. Your proposed change makes it shut off Fast Regen AND not be cleared when hitting another monster. I'm honestly stumped as to why you're proposing such a massive buff to it.

A proper balance change (assuming it needs one), would be to make it cost 5 mana. That way you can use it effectively on a monster twice your level.

Edit: It occurred to me that my "previous value" of 100 needed explaining.

-100 is how much you need to regenerate your base 10 mana against a level 10 monster.
-Alternatively 70 is how much you need to keep meleeing a monster and 130 is how much you need to regenerate the standard 13 mana, averaging out to 100.

In a few cases (Elf Assassin), 100 might be slightly worse. But in the vast majority of situations, it will be drastically better.

For example, one casting of it at level 1 on a level 4 enemy will allow you to explore 40 tiles, assuming you have a stack of burning on it. That's 7 fireballs and another cast of APHEELSIK!
Last edited by gjaustin on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:35 pm

I also agree with the possibility that in it's current incarnation, mana cost might be the biggest issue.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Of more pressing concern, it seems no one has thought to test the Gorgon.

I just did, and she now provides only 10 poison per strike, not scaling with level. I hope that was an oversight, because there's no way she needed a massive nerf.

Pretty sure she's the new worst class :(
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:22 am

Oh. She just went from bad to worst. That SUCKS.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm

10 stacks per strike? Yeah, she's functionally useless then. This is a problem because the Gorgon had steep weaknesses to counter-balance having poison on strike.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:45 am

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 am

And then she'll be playable. On the topic of monster classes, are there or are there going to be male and female portraits?

The Avatar

Postby Dreamdancer on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:21 pm

With the wizard conversion buff PISSORF orc wizrads became pretty awesome. In some cases i would have been more happy to start with PISSORF instead of BRUNADYS.

If one has walls PISSORF is on par with BURNADYS:
BURNADYS: 6mana - 4 damage per level
PISSORF: 4 mana -> can cast it one and half time per BURN: 5 dmg per level * 1.5 * 0.6 = 4.5 damage per level (3.75 dmg, if there are no walls but enemys)
and PISSORF is much more easily buffed
Dreamdancer

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons