[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The seasonal greetings

The seasonal greetings

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The seasonal greetings

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:44 pm

It is interesting, but VERY RISKY.

I didn't mean take out the Hellbois, I just meant don't add a third if they make it bigger. A trinket sounds nice. What if they made the Hellboi a mini-boss who dropped a trinket. Make him level 5, and make him the first square of the maze. You have to hit him once to move him, and then he'll lifesteal again. Give him level 5 damage, but 1 hp.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gavster on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Apheelsik was a functional glyph.. not sure it was op. In the case of higher lvl kills, one needed decent dmg output and high hp.
Its a fairly useless glyph now.
Getindare is so much harder to use now but still viable. I do miss knowing when I was about to dodge though. ;)
Gavster

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Darvin

Postby ChasGB on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:12 am

ChasGB

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm

It was made to be beaten without it. It was made before GETINDARE actually offered dodge. The same applies to thief gold.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:46 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Funny little exploit that I've just noticed that I think I'll share. If you attack a monster with knockback, it can hit you into unexplored area which causes healing. Normally this would cause the monster to heal as well, but if the monster attacks first then you haven't attacked yet and it's still at full health, and your attack occurs after the exploration is resolved.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Higher level monsters attack first automatically right? Or does it have to have first strike/you have slowed strike?

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Higher-level monsters attack first automatically, so this basically applies in any relevant situation where you don't have first strike.
Darvin

Postby ChasGB on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 pm

ChasGB

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons