[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Lame badge requirements for PQI

Lame badge requirements for PQI

All things Desktop Dungeons

Lame badge requirements for PQI

Postby FDru on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:52 am

First of all, I really hate most of the badge requirements and I think they make PQIs unnecessary difficult for the reward. Why would I do a PQI for 500 gold when I could do a burning dungeon for 700+ and use any preps and strategy that I want? It doesn't help that I tend to forget about the badge requirement halfway through a run and then blow it without realizing it, so it's like a great big "LOL FU" from the game.

But anyway, the question...

Can I complete all of the badges for each dungeon and stop getting them for PQIs or do they just hand one out randomly anyway?
FDru

Re: Lame badge requirements for PQI

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:35 am

They still hand them out.

The burning dungeons are only x3, or 450, while PQI is 650.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:39 am

Some PQI's are nasty, others can be relatively straightforward. If a particular PQI looks too inconvenient, just don't bother with it.
Darvin

Postby FDru on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:59 am

FDru

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 pm

It switches when you do a flaming dungeon.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 pm

I think PQI is meant more for "here's a potentially fun challenge if you've run out of other quests to do" and less "here's a way to grind for gold." Still, it would be a good idea to take the varying difficulty levels of the different combinations into account. I think someone (Darvin?) previously suggested a point system, with each badge/class/dungeon having a certain point value that reflects their difficulty, then the PQI only presents challenges within a certain point range. Alternatively, harder PQIs could have bigger gold rewards.

(One weird gold-related thing I ran into was that by breezing through the main "story" quickly, beating Horatio actually reduced trophy values for me - they hadn't yet fallen below 200 when I beat the Tower. Although I'm guessing not too many new players will have that particular issue. :D )
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Wow... that's awesome.

I liked the point system, but if the game didn't adequately show that it existed it might confuse people since PQI's gold reward would fluctuate.

Actually, if we added points for race and dungeon, we could throw in our partially made Dungeon of the Day system.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:59 pm

gjaustin

Postby FDru on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:07 am

FDru

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:40 pm

It does lead to completion. It is heavily biased to dungeons you haven't maxed out and almost always gives you a badge you haven't gotten yet.

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons