[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Lame badge requirements for PQI

Lame badge requirements for PQI

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Lame badge requirements for PQI

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:18 pm

I say rename the Naga Cauldron the Slime cauldron and move it to the Slime Pits. Thematically, a device that tries to create practical effects from noxious chemicals makes more sense in the Slime Pits than in Naga City.

I'm not sure how much design space is left for a new Cursed Oasis item. What about some kind of anti-curse item? Or an item that grows in power as you accumulate curse stacks?
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:52 pm

But making cursed soul lockerable (or even shopworthy?) and having it as a reward for completing the CO with 4 classes - I wouldn't mind. Sure, sure, res stacking stupidity and all that, but I'd still sign up for it ^^
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:14 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:39 pm

It's available a lot sooner than the Dragonshield though, and doesn't require you to take the Berserker through the Labyrinth which was a massive pain in the posterior for me (I got the nosering first though).

Keeping it small I do have issues with if it's gonna be lockerable. I guess I'm the most notorious res stacker around the place, and the one thing you can never have enough if you're going about it is inventory space. Having a small item which stacks with dragonshield and Taurog's junk around the shops would be silly considering the strat is powerfull enough as it is. Making it large would at least force you to give up an item slot for it which would probably balance it on it's own.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Maybe, but is a small 9% any more broken than a large 18%? Then it's at least a choice of which to take between it and the Dragon Shield. If they were both large it would be worthless as soon as you got the shield.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 pm

If it appeared in shops yes, but I question the decision to put it in shops. It's kind of lame to have a bosses reward dropped in shops. Plus, I don't want another shop item to scum for, and it's at the scummable tier for items.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 pm

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Wait, what would the charges do on the CO item?

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons