[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Namtar's Lair and Naga City

Namtar's Lair and Naga City

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Namtar's Lair and Naga City

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Only issue with treasure is that now you're scumming for Trisword.

On the other hand, I guess you could prep quest items and play as Tinker instead :lol:
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:33 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby FDru on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:55 am

I finally did beat Naga City 3 times. I used a Orc GG Rogue, Orc Taurogzerger and Gnome Bloodmage/Mystera. Thanks to all for the great builds!

I'm a bit confused about the Gorgon's Death Gaze ability, though. It says it deals unresistable damage, and the wiki says it eliminates enemy first strike, both of which are observable behaviors. But it clearly is dealing extra damage below the death gaze threshold even to enemies that have no resistances. So where is the extra damage coming from?
FDru

Postby q 3 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:23 am

Death Gaze deals your base damage, with no attack penalty or bonus. Since the Gorgon starts with a significant attack penalty, Death Gaze will usually hit harder than your normal attack. That could be what you're seeing.
q 3

Postby FDru on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 am

FDru

Postby q 3 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:36 am

You're hitting once for 20 damage (Death Gaze, which is base damage with no modifiers), then the Meat Man retaliates for whatever, then you hit him a second time for 20 damage (your normal attack, as modified or not by attack bonus).
q 3

Postby FDru on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:51 am

But I take no damage, so he's not retaliating. Or he is but it does nothing... which is weird.

Overall, I think I get it.
FDru

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm

gjaustin

Postby Dreamdancer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:07 am

Wuhu. Finally beat Naga City.
Strat was:
Orc Rogue, going Tiki Tooki, with Dragon Shield + Compression seal for it. Extra money, extra glyph, and the big potion kit.
Idea was: Killing much higher level stuff, to get a high level (luckyly found IMMAL for xp-buff). Then Join TT get Dodge + 2 lvls of poison. Then in the second part. Join Drac for more resistance + lifesteal. Was really lucky to find the Vampire Sword and the Alchemist Scroll. Glyph used in second part: The poison thing + the fire glyph.

Worked really nice. But i can understand people who complain somewhat about the poison boon from TT... It's really expensive to get some levels of poison. In the end i had 33% resi, lifesteal 2, and Rogue has not so much health, so this gets healed fast. But for other classes i can see the problems.

The above start i will also try with an Assassin. Think this should work also really well. Leveling in the beginning wouldn't be as easy, but on the other hand one can farm better piety for TT
Dreamdancer

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:36 am

If you can spare the piety and have enough damage, the TT potions boon can really mess up a big damage/low health boss.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons