[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - q_3's Vicious Purist Playthroughs

q_3's Vicious Purist Playthroughs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: q_3's Vicious Purist Playthroughs

Postby q 3 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 pm

q 3

Postby q 3 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Apropos of nothing, I just utterly dismantled Namtar with a purist Goblin Assassin. Which I've done before, but was in the mood. No video. I had Binlor, JJ, and Dracul all clustered together and the Blacksmith subdungeon (and that Mas09 subdungeon, which I basically ignored until the end and just converted the item). Didn't use APHEELSIK even once, didn't even bother with Dracul, just farmed Binlor for piety and a few Stone Hearts then converted into JJ and immediately took Petition, followed a bit later by one of each boost and then Chaos Avatar during Namtar's second form. (JJ still needs some adjusting... Petition is too expensive and he's nearly unplayable if you don't have enough unexplored space / conversion piety to get it promptly.) No BLUDTOPOWA either, just alternating between PISORFs, BURNDAYRAZes, physical attacks, and level ups, and wailing away on Namtar with a fully explored map.

(For all the complaints about Namtar right now, I remember when his first form had blink and Frozen Trolls had like 75% - or was it 90% - resistances. Assassins still didn't care. :D )

I think I'm going to do a Tinker in Naga City next. Seems pretty doable with minimal or no scumming, using a mixed physical / Mystera strategy.
q 3

Postby FDru on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:56 pm

I'm surprised you were able to get Petition and still get Chaos Avatar after a convert (let alone the boosts). I've never been able to do that... the piety just doesn't come. Did you have to desecrate the other altars?
FDru

Postby q 3 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 am

That's a good question. I didn't desecrate anyone... As I recall, I converted into JJ with about 47 piety left over and immediately took Petition. I was still level 1 (since I refuse to level up while worshiping Binlor, as a matter of principle) and had about 20% of the map unexplored. Plus all monsters still alive and all items unconverted. So piety gain was primarily from killing and converting everything. I might have been luckier with my piety gain than usual, but I wasn't paying too close of attention. I did get the boosts pretty quickly, but was unable to take Chaos Avatar until literally the last minute (which was a good thing anyway since it got rid of some of the corrosion/weakening).
q 3

Postby q 3 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:07 am

Naga City goes down to a Human Tinker in a 50-minute "speedrun." Why is it that scumming for GG as a Rogue actually lets me beat dungeons quicker? :roll:
q 3

Postby Blovski on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Because in the universe of Desktop Dungeons, the Rogue is the real monster...
Blovski

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons