[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Spiked Spikes and Slashy Swords

Spiked Spikes and Slashy Swords

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Spiked Spikes and Slashy Swords

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:34 pm

gjaustin

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 pm

I think that it will play out similarly to Rogue dodge. You get an occasional free attack, and you use the free resources to help set up your next kill.

You can also pull a trick with Dodge that I call "dodge scumming," where you poke a monster that you could only beat with a successful dodge and just go exploring if it doesn't work. This is only worth doing if you have no good targets and need to explore anyway. The problem that I see is that Rogue attacks do way more damage than Fireballs do, so this might be marginal on a magic support time.

I could see this being really nice on Warlords, where an occasional free CYDSTEP will save you enormous amounts of resources.

Also, Orb of Zot sounds beastly now. Going to have to pull it out of my veto slot and see what happens. Or better yet, leave it vetoed by also put one in my locker. I think that Monks will be able to do crazy things with this.
Sidestepper

Postby FDru on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:43 pm

FDru

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:11 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Just used the Cursed Soul as a natural drop in Cursed Oasis playing a Bloodmage. It works really well for spell spammers like the Bloodmage. It might even be a viable alternative to the Crystal Ball if you're playing a gnome. Consider that the average mana return for Fireball with the Cursed Soul is 0.9 and is 1.0 for the Crystal Ball, and that the Cursed Soul is small and doesn't tie up your gold. The problem is the Soul is unpredictable and only reliably maintains near parity with the Crystal Ball if you lean really hard on magic.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Woah. Awesome update! I'm pretty sure the Dragon Soul will be my new go to prep for Warlords.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:34 pm

What's the deal that every time we reach a consensus that some subdungeon is overpowered, it turns out that it's EVEN MORE TERRIBLE than we thought?

Did anyone ever kill the goblin in the subdungeon which gives you the wand which turns out blasting the warlocks instead of the goblin? The one where you basicaly get 2 hp and 2 mana potions for no good reason or effort?

Because if you use the wand, you can't - he gets the "talk". But if you hit him on instinct before talking to the warlocks, something surreal happens. If you didn't know, try it and fall off the chair...

And then blast the warlocks with the wand for the potions... Devs are trolling us :D
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons