Spiked Spikes and Slashy Swords

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Spiked Spikes and Slashy Swords

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Darvin wrote:
Because if you use the wand, you can't - he gets the "talk". But if you hit him on instinct before talking to the warlocks, something surreal happens. If you didn't know, try it and fall off the chair...

And then blast the warlocks with the wand for the potions... Devs are trolling us

Okay, I've got to see what you're talking about.

But don't spoil it! :lol:
Lujo

Postby q 3 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Great update. And not just because I'm in it. :D
q 3

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Of, of course not.

Still, it's comparable to having the Spider Temple but not having to take the nasty debuff penalties to collect everything.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Darvin wrote:

Of, of course not.

Still, it's comparable to having the Spider Temple but not having to take the nasty debuff penalties to collect everything.

And what's that comparable to? :lol:

You just walk into the subdungeon, and the run is tense, you're counting your attacks, minidng the blackspace, conserving the potions, doing the pro math and all that, and you walk in there and thing "oh, well, nice, but this place really gave me a windfall out of nowhere" and then you missclick on instinct (to get rid of curse or something) and your eyes fall out :D

I bet there's a dev either having a chuckle or laughing heartily at my expense right now :lol:

EDIT: I suppose they want each direction to have a "You just won" subdungeon. Like, someone told someone else, and they discussed it, and agreed upon it, and all that. This one is the northern one, Zombie gold is the eastern, are there a southern and a western "lucky break" subdungeons of equivalent trolling level?
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:48 pm

if you know what you are doing, Spider Temple is extremely strong. I did a wiki thing on it a while back:
http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDungeons/index.php?title=Metal_Spider_Temple
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Sidestepper wrote:if you know what you are doing, Spider Temple is extremely strong. I did a wiki thing on it a while back:
http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDungeons/index.php?title=Metal_Spider_Temple

So that was you? That thing came in handy a few times on the last playthrough, awesome job. However, tha thing can be really powerfull if you know what you are doing, this thing gets more powerfull the less you know what you're doing :shock:
Lujo

Postby FDru on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:19 pm

If you make them nerf El Potion Loco I gon' be mad.
FDru

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:43 pm

If I get time this weekend, I'll try to document every subdungeon and create a master discussion thread (which has been long overdue, really) so we can nail down which ones are too good and which are stinkers.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:02 pm

FDru wrote:If you make them nerf El Potion Loco I gon' be mad.

This would assume I can make them do anything, which I can't - thought they've obviously been reading my notes, which I'm thankful for.

And El Potion Loco is right :lol:

Darvin wrote:If I get time this weekend, I'll try to document every subdungeon and create a master discussion thread (which has been long overdue, really) so we can nail down which ones are too good and which are stinkers.

God, I've been waiting for this. I can't even decide what I think of the subdungeon policly, or if there indeed is one - the disparity is too damned huge. This needs a thread, and I won't be calling for nerfs lightly. Also, if we get any sort of notion that they want every direction to have a "you win" subdungeon, and hopefully some inidication as to which ones they believe ARE those, I might (overentusisiasticly) suggest that MAYBE those can be more subtle and still guarantee wins.

But so many have been added, including the Elite Reward ones, that they deffinitely classify as "untested" or "unfeedbacked content" and I bet most of the regulars at least have opinions on them.

I also wouldn't mind having a semi-official place to share a very nice way of handling Pan's Labyrinth that I discovered on one of the Namtar purist runs. ;)
Lujo

Postby Naoya on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:57 am

Update, woohoo!

The new Orb of Zot sounds cool.
Naga Cauldron - I wonder if Priests could do anything fancy with it now. 125% HealthPotions sound awesome (I also laugh now at those zomG101%Deathgaze-Dudes now)
Strenth Potion hasn't changed much - that are, like, 5 dmg more it gives you at level 10. Still better used for getting a high level kill early on.
The CrystallBall Change is interesting - it's like a very expensive Manapotion if you buy it lategame, though I'm not sure about the increasing gold cost - It still is quite strong - though I guess thats a good thing.
I like that CO and SP get Questlines.

It's awesome that you are starting to give the items more unique sprites - though I find the Taurog ones a tiny bit too small, otherwise theyre nice.

What is El Potion loco?
I also found a sub dungeon with miner bombs. Is that a new one?
Naoya

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons