Spiked Spikes and Slashy Swords

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Spiked Spikes and Slashy Swords

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 am

Yes! They added miner bombs!!!

El Potion Loco is one with 4 wizards and a goblin. I think it's in the north, and it gives you 4 potions. For FREE!

Actually, can someone confirm the direction of the subdungeon?

EDIT: It's north, just found it. The devs are trolling us. That is both ridiculous and hilarious. Of course, you still get the testing wand. I was hoping the wizards might turn and try to kill me when I killed their goblin subject. If they change the subdungeon (which I dearly hope they don't, I think they should actually let you keep the wand and recharge it for 10 gold or something at their shop. Then you could locker it and we would have an interesting new item.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Naoya on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:04 am

The Avatar wrote:Yes! They added miner bombs!!!

El Potion Loco is one with 4 wizards and a goblin. I think it's in the north, and it gives you 4 potions. For FREE!

Oh, then I know it. Its awesome. Last (or rather, first) time I encountered it was in DL .
Naoya

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:53 am

The Avatar wrote:Yes! They added miner bombs!!!

There allready WAS a northern subdungeon with 3 Goblin Miner bombs in it.

The Avatar wrote:El Potion Loco is one with 4 wizards and a goblin. I think it's in the north, and it gives you 4 potions. For FREE!

EDIT: It's north, just found it. The devs are trolling us. That is both ridiculous and hilarious. Of course, you still get the testing wand. I was hoping the wizards might turn and try to kill me when I killed their goblin subject. If they change the subdungeon (which I dearly hope they don't, I think they should actually let you keep the wand and recharge it for 10 gold or something at their shop. Then you could locker it and we would have an interesting new item.

Wait, wait, what do you mean, "get to keep testing wand"? Does it actually do anything topside? Because if you kill the Goblin, and then use the wand - you still kill the wizards for the potions. And, err, it's not for free - it drains your health, but who exactly cares? Apart from healthmonsters?
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:12 am

As in they still hand you the wand and force you to use it and kill them (you can't leave the subdungeon once you grab it), even if you kill their test subject before you talk to the wizard.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:39 am

In that case:

The Avatar wrote:I think they should actually let you keep the wand and recharge it for 10 gold or something at their shop. Then you could locker it and we would have an interesting new item.

This is an apropriate request :lol: We are totaly lacking in the "kill anything and get a potion out of it department" and something like 5 gold for a potion per popcorn blasted would be totaly reasonable...
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:59 am

It isn't the wand that's giving you the potion. It's the wizards who were carrying them when they explode.

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Naoya on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Come to think of it, does the Orb of Zot work with Whupaz?
If yes, than that would be a real bosskiller...
Naoya

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Naoya wrote:Come to think of it, does the Orb of Zot work with Whupaz?
If yes, than that would be a real bosskiller...

I think I applied them both to VICIOUS Gaan'Telet Bleaty once, but I'm not sure about the exact procedure - I think it was Orb First, then whittle him down, then Whoopaz.
Lujo

Postby Naoya on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:18 pm

Oh, you have to whittle him down?
So you can't just Zot him and then Use Whopaz?
Naoya

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Naoya wrote:Oh, you have to whittle him down?
So you can't just Zot him and then Use Whopaz?

I'm not sure, but I think Whoopaz does a number on you current bar, not total. Not sure though. And there's a strictly obeyed forum rule of never ever under any curcumstances explicitly stating what Whoopaz does, and I'm allready skirting shame and outrage.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons