[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - IMAWAL fun facts

IMAWAL fun facts

All things Desktop Dungeons

IMAWAL fun facts

Postby FDru on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Killing cursed enemies with IMAWAL doesn't give you curse stacks. It also removes curse stacks. It can also be used to kill cursed enemies to remove curses :lol:

After a few "accidental" dings I also realized that the 1 bonus exp from slowed enemies is still given if you kill an enemy with IMAWAL.

IMAWAL can be used to create walls from THIN AIR (useful for PISORFing, I suppose?)
Last edited by FDru on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FDru

Re: IMAWAL fun facts

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:14 pm

It also helps quite a bit if you want to level fast - consistent use loses you some popcorn unless it's slowed (which then gives 1 XP you'd get anyway), but get's you those levels nicely.

It doesn't mesh with midfight level ups too well though.

Also, curse removal is a big pro, and curse MANAGEMENT can be really handy in CO. And, yes, stoning curse bearers doesn't get you cursed ^^
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby paplaukes on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:26 pm

How does IMAWAL remove curse stacks? Do you have to stone an enemy? Is creating a wall enough?
paplaukes

Postby FDru on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 pm

FDru

Postby Blovski on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:16 pm

Does stoning undead lose you Drac piety? I don't think it does but could be wrong.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:22 pm

You have to stone an enemy and it removes one stack of curse.

One thing to remember - if you can recognize the siuation where it's good - it's great.

It's really usefull if you're going to explore, or explore between your kills. This means you're picking kills anyway, and the kills you pick will genearaly be higher level enemies so the bonus gets sufficent. If you're going to spam LEMISI or B2P (say, to reveal wraiths) it's a nice option for using up extra mana. Recognizing monsters you can "give up" such as curse bearers, or high level illusions, animated armors or wakening/corrosion guys can also provide you with suitable IMAWAL targets (if you don't care about unstoppable). It's also good with glyph focused builds that want the least ammount of kills to have more ding fodder for later.
Lujo

Postby paplaukes on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:30 pm

All I can think of is - so you can just IMAWAL out of curses in CO?! Plenty of plants in curseworld.
paplaukes

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby Naoya on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Whoa, didn't knew IMAWALL had so much Uses, always converted it on sight .... guess you never stop to learn.
Naoya

Postby Sidestepper on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Well, you can't remove curse by bricking plants. The curse wipe fails when IMAWAL is used on anything with the No Experience trait.

Earthmother works well on Cursed Oasis. Vineform is hampered by all the curses but it's worth 2-3 shots for the health alone. The pre-existing plants mean that you don't have to waste popcorn to get the xp boost from IMAWAL, and they also give you lots of Clearance fuel for dealing with the Cursed Shade. Entanglement prevents blink from working and removes some of the gambling element involved in attacking shades. But the real star is Greenblood, which gives you near-perfect control over which layer you occupy.

And that isn't even touching conversion antics.
Sidestepper

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons