[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The high end potions and the difficulty curve

The high end potions and the difficulty curve

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The high end potions and the difficulty curve

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby paplaukes on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 pm

"cool story bro"! :D No, but it is, it was interesting to read. One important difference - DD isn't really a competition.

Lujo:
If you're really, really saying that the potions are fine unless used along with Trisword and probably a high attack class, then sorry but that's a non-issue :) At the very least, should look into the sword/classes before even touching the potions.
paplaukes

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Well, sure, but the plain fact is - the sword could simply have a per level progression like the alchemist scroll and be fine. There'd be no end of whining about it, but that would be unjustified - nothing else would match it for damage that way either.

The potions I brought up because they, in fact, overly sinergize with completely front-loading the sword. It's, er, optimal... On anything... And they're a bunch of Whoopasess (I'm beggining to like calling them that, has a ring to it).

That's about it.

EDIT: Oh, but if anythings done with them, say, trisword only affecting health and mana potions - then there'd be no end of gnomes and halflings... Someone really ought to bust some sort of cap in that sword, and then it'd be off the discussion table for good. Or give it competition.
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:54 pm

I'd hate to see the per level limit on the Trisword. I love that it lets you stack health potions to the end and use it all at once.

UNLESS that limit would work differently from the Alchemist Scroll, such that you could "catch up" later if you missed a level. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the Alchemist Scroll get that change either.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:37 pm

Said change would undoubtedly involve reducing the amount of health you get per use.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:43 pm

Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm with Lujo's idea of capping the Tri-Sword at 12.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gavster on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:00 pm

All this bringing down the power of things every patch is annoying.
Vicious Gaan Telet is still sitting there and I haven't completed it, and every week a useful strategy becomes moot for a longer dungeon. If anything needs nerfing its VGT.
Gavster

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons