[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Super Vicious

Super Vicious

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Super Vicious

Postby gjaustin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Darvin

Postby FDru on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Heh, I can't even beat Hobbler's Hold with the Vicious Token (not Purist, anyway).

Might try a cheeserogue in Den of Danger or something...
FDru

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:21 pm

PQI's counting it. Which is just crazy because some of these are simply not doable without at least a favourable/broken race/class combo.

And TBH it's bringing me back into the bad old days when only X worked and you had to do X or have about 0 chance. It's literally cheeze only mode.

And I was finaly having fun with the game :(

(Noone's making me use it ofc, but if it gets in the way of making the regular game as good as it can be I'll be really sorry)

How is someone supposed to do a VICIOUS labyrinth with the half dragon? It's probably doable, but by using stuff I only touch when I want to get through a really ugly PQI setup in less than 5 minutes and find an actually interesting run...

And what's worse - I had 10/10 badges almost everywhere - but almost every dungeon had one class to half-completion. Now I have to do these things if I want to do any PQI... And I don't actually want to do any of these, tbh...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 pm

That's still two rankings; there would be a best score for vicious, and a best score for non-vicious, which are not in direct competition with each other.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Ok, this is just - -.-

The reward for beating a vicious dungeon? 100 g.

Almost not worth the realization that the blue bead bloodmage still works wonders.

EDIT: Don't try the blue bead bloodmage without mystic balance, though. Friendly warning.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:02 pm

Blovski

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:07 pm

I think it would benefit from a longer period. There were times that I wanted to submit a game but I was like eh, maybe tomorrow. Oh wait, it ends tomorrow.

People should also be encouraged to post their death screens on failure. I would have posted many more games but I kept overreaching and ending up with no victory screen to show at all.

wrt to the monster stats, it looks like the normal monsters get the usual VICIOUS array (crosschecked Den of Danger against Namtar) but the bosses get become completely insane when you just add a flat multiplier to them on top of their normal boss stats. I think there's a reason why the existing VICIOUS dungeons all had custom made boss monsters.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons