[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Super Vicious

Super Vicious

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Super Vicious

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am

Oh, I don't mind being able to do it - I just mind feeling expected to do it and the way it is currently implemented (unless it was hotfixed) saddens and freaks me out. And I dread it shaping the metagame. As long as they separate it from the PQI and the general completion (give it their own I don't care) I'll love being able to point out how ridiculous some stuff is. (I actually suggested implementing basicaly the very same thing - just not like this, for the love of god).

In other news, berserker's camp's doable with a goblin wizard, provided the second boss isnt ridiculous. Whoever's dissing weakening is dead wrong. Also, wizards seem to be starting with PISSORF for me, not sure what's up with that. Also, goblins are a nice alternative to the balanced dagger.

EDIT: Dwarven Warlord in Grimm's Grotto with Scumm-with-250g min worth of preps and cheezy combo-or-fail badge PQI? :cry:

I was getting actual material for a PQI writeup, I spent the better part of a few days, whole entire ones which I generally use to earn money and have fun with my wife and have a life, going through it and making notes - some would've been interesting - and now this? :cry:

I must've done 50 runs! I noticed the patterns, I reflected upon my playthrough based on what the PQI was handing me... And now it's all reduced to me whining and being irritated...
Last edited by Lujo on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:14 am, edited 7 times in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Abraxas on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 am

That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:36 am

And just to be clear why I'm having a breakdown and AM taking a pause:

I spent 3 days clearing my damned PQI of useless Dwarves, mal-supported Warmonger, Miser and Hoarder badges, and ridiculous cheeze I keep avoiding so the feedback on my playthrough makes some sense. I just reached the sweet threshold where I get interesting combos in various places and working towards the first locker slot where I wouldn't have to keep every damned damned vicious reward which I need to be able to skip through these non-working runs, and I was getting to the gameplay which doesn't require me to pack enough firepower to clear a vicious bage in a place where there's no lace for vicious. After the most mindbendingly tedious grind imaginable I was finally beggingn to enjoy myself every 2-3 runs.

I'm sick of it. PQI doesn't work. Dwarves will never see as much gameplay as other guys and will clog it up. Warmonger has no support or ways to go about it naturally. Third tier classes will se less gameplay than other guys due to being unlocked last, so if you hit the glorious cluster of dwarves/warmonger/3rd tier it breaks apart. Same with priest and gnomes/elves but at least there you have Mage Fist. Some of the classes are too narrow. I don't ever want to see a Dwarven Assasin again in my life. Or a warmonger sorcerer. Or a warmonger warlord. But at least all these could be cheezed through without scumming. I had to go through them - couldn't skip them with flaming dungeons because at the end I'd only be left with the damned dwarves.

And I just wanted to max out my locker and veto slots, and see beyond the endgame...

There is no way in hell I'm going through all that with Vicious in the PQI pool. Ye old brokene vicious always had me run out of gold due to scumming and needing ridiculous preps - I'm not going through that again either - I'm sick enough of having to start from scratch after every bank upgrade/locker slot/veto slot.

There. Srry for being awful, I'm taking that break now.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Abraxas on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:05 am

That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:36 am

Yeah. Vicious mode really doesn't belong on PQI. I've been throwing myself at Vicious Vicious dungeons (I got through 2 forms of Namtar, would have been doable with GG for one attack against physical resist guy), and it's just not fair. I suppose I'll go back to vicious normal and vicious hard.

A couple suggestions:
In vicious mode, leave the enemies alone. As long as you're going to give us a cheap boss make it possible to level up.
Take away the vicious badge. Instead, when you click a dungeon for more info, make it display a star or skull next to the name on the display panel (this would also stop it from showing up on PQI, of course).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby FDru on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:22 am

Yeah, not liking the Vicious PQIs. I was already passing up on most PQIs as it is...

The difficulty is fine, but having the Vicious token be tied in with completion and PQIs irks me. It should be something optional to do for a challenge / extra gold (and if its true the reward is 100g, :lol: that should be fixed cause Vicious token'd dungeons are considerably harder than standard Vicious dungeons).
FDru

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Agreed. The vicious tokens are harder AND give less money (really only eighty when you count the cost of the token itself).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:58 pm

I agree that the vicious token shouldn't be part of PQI. My other suggestion would be to have it apply only to HP and not damage, or at least buff damage by a much smaller amount. There are several strategies available for which a monster's attack stat is nearly or completely irrelevant (anyone relying solely on BURNDAYRAZ, PISORF, CYDSTEPP, Quicksilver/Reflex potions, and/or Swift Hands to get their kills), and giving everything an absurd attack stat is basically just a big flashing "use one of these strategies" sign. A big buff to monster HP still increases the difficulty curve, but in a way that merely consumes more resources for every strategy instead of completely blocking some strategies and only mildly hampering others.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Basically it's level 1 boss kill rogue or goblin assassin. Goblin Assassin is your goto for most vicious, and Rogue for magic res.

All bosses hard and above cap out at 150 damage. Still, they need to weaken the enemies. Level 2 meat man has 60 hp and something like 12 damage.

The Avatar

Postby Dreamdancer on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Dreamdancer

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons