[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Super Vicious

Super Vicious

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Super Vicious

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Try anything - you can't pick your targets, you can't fight more than one level above you, you can practicaly forget about most stuff. The bosses themselves wouldn't be too tough for the select few guys who are complete cheat codes, but getting there would take crazy combinations of skill, luck and prep setups. I never signed up for this. I don't even want to go there.

This should be optional and worked out in some way that doesn't unlock via an easily acessible quest. It's making me want to give up on the game just by being there (Irational, I know, but there you have it).

EDIT: It's not even irrational - seeing that badge in the PQI pool is literally making me regret ever investing any time in this game. I once went berserk in desperate hope that I can persuade you guys to move in a direction that would remove this kind of madness from normal people and potential regular customers, including all the tools a player had to deal with it.

I feel like every hour I spent playing, writing and thinking about this game was the biggest waste of time in my life right now. You couldn't believe how sad I am.
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Oh, I'm fully aware. I played a couple myself (I only won my initial purist Paladin run by virtue of being able to boost my mana to 15 points and finding a keg of mana, letting me fireball the fragile-as-heck Tormented one into oblivion) but I'm trying to think up the absolute worst-case scenarios.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Oh, I beat northern desert with the Bloodmage by picking up Mystic Balance and the blue bead and playing the same old bloodmage with a sensible B2P. And I barely won even with whoopaz - and Aequitas is by far the easiest boss, and Northern Dessert is by far the easiest dungeon.

This is just wrong. I don't want it near me, I don't want it near my PQI, I don't want it near balancing discussions. If the devs are using it to really check out what is broken and anything that consistenly works is nerfed into the ground - then fine - but if I found this kind of stuff enjoyable I would've stuck with my 50/50 monk and never ever said a word, or even noticed.

If you guys want to cheeze out - fine, go nuts. Untill this is moved somewhere appropriate, I'm done. And when it's moved, and someone starts with "don't touch this or that because then something something VICIOUS badge", I'll feel like a part of me died.
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:55 pm

Eh - it's just a silly hard mode for anyone who wants to push the broken-combo-of-the-day but I like it being there. I shudder at the idea of Vicious Slime Pits.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Indeed - but I'm taking a break untill it's out of the PQI, and possibly out of completion brackets. I don't want to feel inadequate and at 96% because I'm not a munchking with too much time on my hands.

And I COULD get all of them, most likely, with a goblin assasin, but I don't like that kind of gameplay enough to go around every place doing it.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Well, I will say this: if the goal was to give us a use for the Balanced Dagger, mission accomplished.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:41 pm

I really appreciate being able to play at VICIOUS level on maps that don't feature tiny hallways and multiple screens. It really opens the field of strategies we can try. Here's hoping that the corrosion/burning bug gets fixed so that I can try out the acid caster.
Sidestepper

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons