[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Super Vicious

Super Vicious

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Super Vicious

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:31 am

Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:48 am

Well, the acid caster is technicaly a "the way god intended" old marty wraps spellcaster with added effort and added benefits of actualy involving a god instead of just prepping old MW everywhere. I don't doubt the power. The unique thing that EM brings to Hex is the ability to stone the revenants, so I was thinkning along horse thief lines of "screw the hazard I got IMAWAL", stone litterally everything that moves (well, apart from what I need to level up), kill the other guy first to level up and ding while I'm at it, stone everything and kill stheno.

Which spells out acid caster, except the actual acid caster works better on maps that aren't as cramped as Hex Ruins.

However, I've been rocking goblin sorcerers all over the map, and sorcerers have been really good for me before I unlocked to old bloodmage because their large mana pool allowed me to spam endiswal and IMAWAL while I explore. Old bloodmage totaly obsoleted them, but since he did, PQI's setting me up with them now, and the effortlessly huge mana pool has always been a bit on the powerfull side.

With CB and any spellcasting gear (dragonsoul and especially mage plate) they can pretty much do anythign with mysterea as long as there's not too many magic monsters around. However, I'm not sure it's doable without mystic balance, and I'm also sure it's not doable without WHEYTWUT (to move stuff around). If I stone stuff then there aren't enough bloodpools for plantation, and that might mean fewer plants with clearances - otherwise a string of clearences could certanly take stheno out.

So, in short - a goblin sorcerer with CB and... something, could do it provided he can find wheytwut, and provided Mystic Balance isn't necessary. And EM is only really necessary for IMAWAL, if she wasn't and if I wasn't getting tired of mysterea, it would really be doable with mysterea even if you leave 6ish mosters around for stheno to gobble up and then just unloaded a bunch of weakenings on her...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:22 am

Almost did it with the acid caster. Was able to fireball the dragon boss down and also kill all the 8+s. I probably could have won but I desecrated Tikki Tooki without realizing how tough even the weak monsters are and ended up not being able to clean up the popcorn :oops:

This definitely would've worked if it weren't for the burning bug. I did the math and that cost me 250 points of damage against the dragon. That is a ton of resources that I shouldn't have had to have spent.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:24 am

Regular, wizard acid caster?
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:33 am

Yeah

Elf Wizard
Battlemage Ring
Earthmother
BlackMarket
Extra Mana
Mana + Schadenfreude + 3 junk (do not take Whupaz, you will not have the health to use it)
Sword
Shop Scroll
Transmutation Seal

Don't use the extreme "brick everything" strategy that I laid out for Shifting Passages, use the more moderate one I laid out for Slime Pits.

You really want ENDISWAL, and have an excellent chance of finding it. PISORF and WEYTWUT kind of work but might not be able to cut it in VICIOUS (I beat the similarly-constructed Magma Mines with a WEYTWUT acid caster, but that was on HARD).

I used up about 60-75% of the map at first level, building up 10 stacks of Greenblood and hitting 25 mana. I found and desecrated Binlor (lucky find) and Tikki Tooki (mistake on VICIOUS), so you won't always be able to hit 10 that early. I kept finding edge cases were I could have killed a monster one level higher if it weren't for the burning bug. Very frustrating experience, and I doubt I'll try again until it's fixed.
Last edited by Sidestepper on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 am

If you prep dodge and whoopaz, you can generally hit the earlier boss to save up resources.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Yeah. That's the trick I always use. It can cut a solid 300 hp chunk off the higher hp bosses.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Err, I got a halfing rogue vicious on Shifting Passages PQI. I've been avoiding the damned buggers like the plague and I've been avoiding res stacking for moths after getting sick of it, so now I can't remember what I'm supposed to do :D I need to go cold turkey on Mysterea, too :lol:

What do I do?

Go cheezerogue on the first guy?

Help me muchkins? :) Please? :lol:

EDIT: Nvm, sorry about munchking comment, hope noone took offense. It took me 2 tries with a TT rogue - 1st try the other boss was SMM, and I had a good time but ultimatly couldn't do it. Second time it was interesting - other guy was the wraith. Map exploration was 3/5 done, I found some sort of snake subdungeon (new), and I spammed Endiswal and wheytwut while exploring for later, and for TT piety. I found B2P used dodge + whoopaz on the wraith at lvl1, then picked up Tiki's Edge and started fireballing, drinking mana pots and using B2P and dinging with popcorn. Ended up having to use a set of potions when I got my levels and trisword damage up. Then I went to work on Evolvia using set after set of potions, and some B2P when she went magic resistant. Consensus and a Drac desecration helped, and the alchemy prep worked out for me. You could say it took scumming for the boss, but the wraith does have really big phys res...

Anyway - Doubledoom, Rock Garden, Creeplight Ruins, Hex Ruins and Slime pits to go. Oh, and venture cave :)

EDIT: Rock Garden's off the list too, had a really luck run with a Goblin Thief worshiping Mysterea, who would've guessed. Found binlor early, as well as all three bosses, spammed rock heart, went mysterea, picked everything up (should've taken flames in retrospect). Had B2P and MW. Ended up with a bunch of gold and 2 schadenfraude. There was an Earthmother altar just sitting there with a big bunch of bloodpools and a bunch of plants which come with the level, so I supposed another boss could've been fireballed to death... I'm beggingin to suspect something will happen to mysterea one of these days.

EDIT: And the Slime Pits are off the list, but it took 2 tries, and the last one was really, really close. Goblin Sorcerer Worshiping Mystera and worshiping Binlor just for the glyph to open up the secret subdungeon and convert it for refreshment, and worshiping TT for two hits off Tiki's Edge for a level up, and... It took everything. Including a badge of courage for the final hit which also angered TT. Maybe there's an easier way to go about this (monks of some sort), but it's barely doable this way. Eeesh. I feel drained. 4 more to go...
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:48 pm

I've just done a viciousised dungeon properly/not as a gorgon for the first time. Venture Cave, human wizard (may as well get class completion while at it), modified version of Sidestepper's Punchomancer strat with Balanced Dagger. Binlor, EM and TT turned up. Meaty was the boss (97 damage and bahahahahaha health).

Anyway, I found the Rock Heart so decided to roll with Binlor, picked up the Physy skills while killing same-level enemies all the way to level 6 or so (Stone Fist, Stone Heart, extra endiswal so could convert the first one), moved Meaty to a nice giant streak of walls and went for the bugger at level 6ish using endiswal to absorb damage, pisorf to regen health and might+knockback to cause damage. Dinged, switched to EM, used clearance to fuel more healing wall destruction, got a few vine forms and a few corrodes up, entangled lower-levels, danced around the map for a bit, desecrated Binlor then moved to TT. Bought potions with gold, double-knockbacked him to death with a reflex potion.

Anyway, picked up Parched and Vicious, beat a viciousised boss at level 7 and that's definitely the first time I've used EM to fuel might-and-healing pisorfs. Orc would probably have been a stronger call if I'd known I was going to get the combo I did, but Human wasn't half bad.

Regardless, that was a lot of fun 8-)
Blovski

Postby Blovski on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Early tests of the healthmonster on Viciousised Den are unpromising - since the Dwarfmonster relies on being highly levelled he's not really suited for Viciousvicious unless he can find a balanced dagger early on (in which case I reckon he'd work OK). A human version's definitely the easier call - urk, died of a misclick as I was just about to cunningly demolish goo...
Blovski

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons