[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Super Vicious

Super Vicious

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Super Vicious

Postby q 3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Eh, I think the lv 1 Rogue strategy is more of a gimmick thing even in normal circumstances. In a vicious or vicious+vicious dungeon it's incredibly sub-optimal, especially since you could just prep Yendor for instant level 5. Moreover, a lv 10 Goblin Assassin is going to have better stats all around and will also have an entire dungeon's worth of popcorn to get piety from Tikki Tooki, so he can pull off most of the same tricks as the Rogue only with far more resources. (Granted, a Goblin Assassin doesn't do much "normal" leveling either.)

For comparison, the alpha's Boss Hive has level 2 Meat Man with 4 attack and 90 HP. And the alpha had far more broken strategies available than the current game.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:04 pm

I loved 100% resist monks...

Still, the alpha boss hive is easier. For one, the boss isn't pumped out of this solar system.

Want a challenge? Do Vicious Hard Gaan-Telet. Anyways, I very much agree with you that the damage of the monsters should not be pumped up. The third floor has 5 guys with 150 damage, high hp (don't remember), and an extra special effect (hopefully not counter: fireball). Then there's the boss. Good luck.

EDIT: I'm not very adept with Goblin Assassins, so I'm curious what your strategy is. I usually get beaten by the third guy for three reasons. 1) Physical attacks are useless. 2) You can't use poison and fire because of high regen. 3) You can't use Schadenfreude because of his maxed out attack.

Oh yeah, the rogue may be a gimmick, but on hard vicious he cleans the floor. Got my Magma mines one through him and cleared berserker camp (with the second boss as tower of goo!), not to mention many more easier clears.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:50 pm

q 3

Postby paplaukes on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:26 pm

I'll refrain from doing the Vicious quest, PQI Vicious doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy doing.
paplaukes

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Wait, what about the first form. Did you go with the explore the whole map then level up while fireballing (starting at level one), or just fight him with physical attacks at a higher level?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 pm

:shock: Took a hacked scout through Super Vicious Gaan Telet. The monsters end up with about the same damage, they just hit the cap earlier. Horatio still had 5000 HP, but his starting damage doubled from 75 to 150, and when enraged, was 215. I think that a Monk with maxed resistances and the Vampiric Blade could do it, but that's about it. You would probably want the Really Big Sword too. BYSCEPS is good too, but doesn't help as much against all of those 150 damage Goo Blobs and Wraiths you'll be facing.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:41 pm

I don't even know if a monk could do it. 150 is the damage cap and 5000 is the hp cap, but with the amount of guys you'll be facing there won't even be enough regen space.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:36 pm

q 3

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Agreed. The vicious badge seems to award properly on everything else I've done,

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:54 am

Ugh, I finally made it past Namtar's fourth form, only to lose (for the first time ever?!) against his fifth form. Just because I had to convert literally everything to get one last level up and beat form #4. :oops: It's definitely doable, at least. This time 'round I did Mystera (everything but Refreshment) -> Earthmother (Plantation/Clearance to finish off form #2 and then a bunch of Vine Forms) and then picked up Scholar Pact right before heading down. Snagged a WEYTWUT, and I think the 6 MP WEYTWUT / 5 MP BURNDAYRAZ / BLUDTOPOWA (with Battlemage Ring and Flames) might be the way to go on form #4. Even in its nerfed state, BLUDTOPOWA is incredibly helpful, just so you have something to do with your health that doesn't involve trying to tank ridiculous hits.

I wonder if a Vampire might have more success in the vicious-vicious Tower. He actually benefits quite a bit from the increased monster HP. He will struggle at low levels, though.
q 3

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons