[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Making Things Vicious (Dev Blog)

Making Things Vicious (Dev Blog)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Making Things Vicious (Dev Blog)

Postby Darvin on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:35 am

I don't believe that's true in the case of bosses. Their hp and damage were both doubled. So if their hp is still doubled and their damage still pumped, the Matron and the Avatar should be dealing only 120. That allows me to get in the few physical hits short I am on the Avatar and is significantly less damage you have to tank when trying to fireball the Matron to death.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 am

I will say that vicious Bleaty is kinda humorous. He has 450 damage, but that's well beyond the point of diminishing returns and it simply doesn't matter; his HP is not high enough to be a true threat. With CYDSTEPP, PISORF, first strike, and a mid-battle level-up I had him killed off at level 4 and proceeded to nab unstoppable afterwards.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:48 am

Yeah. At a certain point damage is meaningless. Then spells rule the world.

Since we're talking about super challenges, I would like it if they had some equivalent of the boss hive in the beta. The thing about vicious mode is, beyond the extra challenge, it's not very interesting. The boss hive was cool. It wasn't the stats, but the fact they had the bosses abilities.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:20 am

I wish the Vicious token introduced random attributes like poison and weakening instead of just pumping stats.

Having to deal with more health just means repeating the same strat over and over. More random is harder to plan for.
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:24 am

The problem is that fire circumvents all. Other than that, I agree. That would be cool.

The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons