[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - I wish I could prep Avatar's Codex and Dragonshield

I wish I could prep Avatar's Codex and Dragonshield

All things Desktop Dungeons

I wish I could prep Avatar's Codex and Dragonshield

Postby FDru on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Cause that would be the best combo ever.

Speaking of Avatar's Codex (Mage Fist)... I never gave it much of a chance before but I've been toying with it a lot since it was changed (into Avatar's Codex, whilst not actually being changed... technically, but yeah) and I find it to be extremely good. The great thing about it is that focusing your build around it works for any class (though possibly less so with the new Bloodmage) and it synergizes so well with damage reduction, making the Shield a superior prep to things like Perseverance Badge (also, a use for Platemail for non-vampires!?) It's what I used to unlock the Vicious Token with all 3 classes. It's also excellent with Dwarves, since durability becomes so important with everything retaliating. I have to say it's the most interesting (and dare I say fun) item in the entire game.
Last edited by FDru on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FDru

Re: I wish I could prep Avatar's Codex and Dragonshield

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 pm

How do you make up for mana regen on monks and priests with it? I've used it with them in the PQI and it generally rocks socks, but having to regen both health and mana feels weird. And yeah, doesn't synergize with B2P, but is a good alternative if not better. Certanly fun.

EDIT: And, hot damn did you just give me an idea. I'll try it out with a dracul worshiping bloodmage tommorow - a guy who starts out with 20% sanguine has got to love that thing.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby FDru on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:59 pm

FDru

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Ty FDru for one of the strangest expiriences in a while.

Try the following: any bloodmage (I was elf) + avatar's codex + earthmother.

Vineform for more B2P and retaliation tanking hp. IMAWAL for quick XP. Entanglement for mass slow. Which means noone retaliates your first fireball, on top of not retaliating your last fireball. And we're talking really fat fireballs, too.

Was very pleasant, unfortunately I was trying it out on Southern Swamp for completion so I killed the boss before I explored too much to get into more interesting situations.

Very fun, though!
Lujo

Postby FDru on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:48 pm

FDru

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Yeah. It also might be worth prepping elites and a translocation seal for Elven Boots.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:03 am

Sidestepper's gonna love this thing, hope corrosion and burning stacking is fixed today, he'll go nuts with it ^^
Lujo

Postby FDru on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:07 am

There seems to be an issue with burning in general. For example an enemy says it'll die in 3 fireballs, I fireball it twice and the combat prediction changes, and the mob is left with like 4 health instead.
FDru

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 am

I'm even more excited about this bug being fixed than I am about any new features.

Hmm, let's see the changelog:
-Sandbox mode added to the new Packmaster Altar, which is unlocked after getting the Infinilocker upgrade
yeah yeah whatever

-Burning bug fixed
OMG!!!!!!!
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 am

I feel your pain! I tested it out and reported it in the bugthread throughly - I feel sorry for you every time I notice this thing, and am actually hyped to see what YOU do when they finally fix it ^^

Never mind my antics - the constant struggle of sidestepper against the burning bug is the ongoing serious drama I'm actually tuned in at the forums. Hmmm, the burning bug would make a fine boss form for the unity bug to revive into :lol:

(As for the codex EM bloodmage, once it's operational, I think halfling's the way to go. You can blow health pots on ridiculous IMAWAL backed catapults that way. Taking vine form and stoning plants isn't bad either, and spamming entanglement is also a good move because spamming plantantion isn't an option).
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons