[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The horse is not quite dead: Locker space and fun

The horse is not quite dead: Locker space and fun

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The horse is not quite dead: Locker space and fun

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Oh, and one more thing before I go check/wait for the mid-week post. I know one very good reason why an actual post-game infini-locker would be a bad idea. Same with the power level of vicous rewards - people would be rushing it for convinience. I know this. But as speedball was saying - debug mode would come in very handy, as it's pretty obvious that people are more ready to grind 40 000 gold on runs which they want to play to open up a "non-predetermined locker slot", rather then spend 20 minutes scumming and X time and effort relockering via repeated challenge/vicious runs. Can't be overstated how much this is true, and how much of an impact it had. So would many of the possible compromise solutions, probably.

Now, that's all. Hope no harm done. Not taking any more of anyone's time.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Well, if we are having this much trouble, you guys might want to either tone the general obscurity and "stop drowning!" down a notch (which means what you seem to be doing), or put tikki lights on the trisword and swift hands and things with "it is dangerous to go without fermented dairy, you will need this" signs and be really careful that the first playthrough can be done without the game asking them to think outside of a very narrow box. And then have a "real game" mode unlock which takes them to what we're playing now with less obscure gods and proper balance on the out-of-whack stuff.

In all seriousness, I'm holding my fingers crossed for you guys - there's stuff in here that stumped even hardcore seen-it-all, grew up along with computergaming semi-pro gamers.

EDIT: I'm not looking for trouble I really whish you guys win big. Ty for that info :)
Last edited by Lujo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Just slap some achievements in and it's all good. Maybe a Web 2.0 chat box so we can talk to other people while playing the game. Oh and bloom. Game is lacking bloom. Solved your problems. Next!

(Thanks for the response Nandrew!)
xspeedballx

Postby gjaustin on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:22 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Might even work if I put on a huge false moustache. :lol:

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind having a beer with them one time. See them say some stuff out loud IRL. Show them what I'm really like, appologize for a bunch of things in person...
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 pm

Darvin

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Err, how about they just scrape the damned things entirely and make a set of fighter happy preps? And make the vicious rewards stuff that you can only put in a throphy case but can't ever actually use?
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 pm

dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons