[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug Stomper

Bug Stomper

All things Desktop Dungeons

Bug Stomper

Postby GoatBot on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 am

Discussion - Bug Stomper
GoatBot

Re: Bug Stomper

Postby gjaustin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Dropping the Witch potion preps down to 3 is going to end up quite interesting.

I suspect I'll be prepping Quicksilver, Reflex, and Whupaz most of the time now.
gjaustin

Postby Naoya on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Finally! I can play again. I'm soooo happy!

Now the witch only has 3 slots. Not sure what to think of.
I'll miss the dodge+Whupaz combo which I used on so many spellcasters... though starting with a potion-filled inventory slot was probably a bit too much. I wonder if this makes the aphotecary prep much more important.

Also nice to see that Labyrinth and Shifting Passage are made a bit more userfriendly.
Naoya

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:27 pm

The Witch prep change and the maze layout change are definitely the big ones here. I'll need to test the latter, while the former was a bit overdue. My only real concern with the new witch setup is that it may be a bit of a nerf to Jehora Jeheyu. It's now completely untenable to bring burn cure or fortitude potion with those kinds of slot limitations, and you'll probably be swapping out the healing and mana potion preps for better potions. This is going to disproportionately hurt JJ, who is already a more situational deity. It also might be a bit of an overnerf to WHUPAZ; if it's a choice between strength, schadenfreude, reflex, quicksilver, and WHUPAZ, I just don't see the unspeakable potion ever getting into my prep lineup.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Cha'Dylan set piece changed. Lujo mystified by what this means. Not sure if want to find out or keep it this way so I can imagine all wonderful possibilities, much like amusing story abut cat of Schrodinger. Vid eksent, ju no vič van.

Adrvajz, lajk apdejt, veri mač. It smol van, but najs van, mejk sajdsteper veri hepi, van tinks.
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:38 pm

@Darvin, I dunno, Whupaz will still make it into most Vicious and Vicioused runs for me. And most caster strats as well.

JJ thing's interesting. The loss of the starting potions would hurt a bit, I agree (suppose my JJ preps would now involve black market + apothecary).

@Lujo, subdungeon with the guy you fight for a lemmisi glyph and some blackspace.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Jes bat vat set-piis miin? Lajk, lejaut of sab danđn? Vej it luks?

EDIT: On an unrelated note - the witch thing will finaly make me not start out with a whole inventory slot clogged by potions. It's a buff the comression seal, really, that thing used to shrink stuff down for me and whatever I shrunk ended up taking up a whole row by itself unless I pop a potion there and then -.-

Allso it's a nerf to trisword. I'm with Darvin on this one, I'm pretty sure we weren't ment to have two prep slots for +2 damage items which take no inventory space and are cheaper to prep than the blacksmith sword.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Darvin

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Witch change is a slight buff the the potion shop prep(does anyone use it?)
xspeedballx

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons